Forum Index > Links > Coastline aerial photos
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MC

MC
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 2:31 pm 
I just ran accross this link. It has nice pictures of the coast perfect for early season hikes this year. https://apps.ecology.wa.gov/shorephotoviewer/ You can go down the coast and the sound to finfd the right pic. Delete if it has already been posted here.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 4:06 pm 
They've got a nice shot of my house on that site at a nice low tide. Almost right in the center. Here's a post that ranks high on the lame off topic list.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 4:18 pm 
Great link! I never ceases to amaze me how much stuff is out there on the net waiting to be found. I looked up my favorite salmon fishing spot on the straits of juan de fuca. Oh the memories of camping on the beach years ago and reeling in those 30 pounders!

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 5:01 pm 
WOW!!!!!!!! Incredible. Can you imagine having aerial photos that good for the mountains? In the sharpest pictures you can see the pilings on the piers. The cliffs on Whidbey and at Fort Flagler stand out as cliffs. Most of the Ebey Bluff path is visable. Stream channels that continue below the tide line are clearly visible. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see orcas in some of those pics. biggrin.gif If the pictures of the interior were that good, it might spoil the exploration. Stick a ruler up to the screen and measure the height of Twin Falls. wink.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!