Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New members/intro thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 am 
Good to have you here Captain Wanderlust! (great name!) I love the North-cascades! I've done four different overnight hikes in that area, and I think my favorite one would have to be Copper Ridge. (all my trip reports are on my blog http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/ ) If you have a TR on your Spider Meadow trip, I'd love to read it. That is next on my overnight list.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
notchboy

notchboy
PostSat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 pm 
Ive been out of major out door hiking and camping for the last 20-23 years frown.gif No bueno for sure. I was a big desert hiker and MtBike runner when I was younger. Now at 41 I want to get out and do it again and replenish my soul in the Cathedral of the out doors. I hope to ease back into it all through this winter on easy trail stuff. Im fat, broken and need the work out. Wish me luck all! The intro thread I started. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8002689

Jason Weigel the1500club.com
floridanative

floridanative
PostWed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 pm 
Long time lurker but since I finally moved out to WA state from Florida, I decided I should join. Looking forward to posting trip reports and continuing to reading them! I'm also looking for someone to hike with since my partner got stuck with a weekend job. I ended up in Kent so it looks like I have tons of trails to explore in a 2 hour or less radius so pretty excited. Ventured out to Wallace Falls and Mt. Walker already and can't wait to do my first overnight trip sometime this summer!

Han

Han
PostTue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 am 
I'm Hannah, I hike with my dog Beau, she's a blue heeler/catahoula mix. I moved to Washington from the mountains in North Carolina and I've lived in Ellensburg for just under a year. I explore all the time and hope to learn about different hikes and places to go with my pup. Besides the outdoors I enjoy live music, cooking, good beer, and most importantly, the Green Bay Packers.

Langdon Greene

Langdon Greene
PostTue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm 
Long time lurker, recently began posting. Grew up in the Utah/Idaho/Wyoming/Colorado area, so a lot of Rockies hiking in my distant past. Then I lived in Maryland for about 25 years, hiked some central Appalachian stuff, but got more into whitewater kayaking/canoeing than hiking.... Then I moved to Utlanna Joja about 4 years ago, been backpacking the hell outta the southern appalachians. (And loving the trees/forests, vegetation, and "green-tunnels" thankyouverymuch.)

Seren

Seren
PostSun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 am 
Hi all, My name is Heather, and I just joined. I am 29, and have been living in Portland, Oregon for about 8 years now, backpacking for 6. Up until recently my wife and I spent all our good-weather free-time backpacking, but the last 2 years she has become more and more entrenched in the motorcycle community. I am frankly completely uninterested, which means I now have the occasional nice weekend alone, and I have realized that I am sort of a social hermit without her. I am hoping to maybe make some friends on here that I can hike or backpack with when she is away. smile.gif My favorite day hike is the Mt Hood Meadows Loop in late summer, and my favorite backpacking trail is Jefferson Lake -> Sugar Pine Ridge. I also snowboard. I love reading, especially sci-fi. I have too many cats. I just bought a house. I have ambitions of world travel. Hello, and nice to be here.

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSun Apr 28, 2013 2:12 pm 
Hi Heather! Wish you lived closer to me, I'd love to hike with you! How long have you been married? My daughter is a lesbian, so I can't help always being excited to see someone who is not afraid to be out and proud. (unfortunate religious issues...makes me so sad and angry) It was a really difficult journey for her and our family, and so when I see other gay people who look as happy as you do, it gives me hope that my daughter will find someone and just have a fulfilling, normal life. Thanks for posting!

Seren

Seren
PostSun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm 
smile.gif My wife and I have been together for 6 years, and married for a year and 9 months. We are incredibly happy, so much so that I sometimes feel guilty for how happy we are! I wish everyone was as happy as we are. Here's a pic of us from our wedding, just 'cause I love sharing!
AnaHeather
AnaHeather
Being out has been pretty easy for me, and I am thankful that both our families were pretty religion-free, so there were never any issues of that kind for us. It also helps to be in the wonderful Pacific Northwest, which is chock-full of open-minded folks! I am sure your daughter will find someone! Finding that perfect someone can sometimes be more difficult for gay people, but that just makes it all that much sweeter when it does happen. I am sorry we are not close, but thanks for your note! If you are ever in the Oregon/SW Washington area, I would love to hike with you and/or your daughter. smile.gif

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostMon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 am 
Thanks for sharing the picture--you are an adorable couple. I'm very happy for you. biggrin.gif Let me know if your ever in my neck of the woods too; (Mount Vernon, Washington) there is some amazing trails in the North Cascades.

l'Emmerdeur

l'Emmerdeur
PostWed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm 
Hi! I'm Brooke. Been lurking for a few months and discovered that this is a very open, informative and diverse site for the local hiking community. Glad to be a part of it! I've lived in western Washington my entire 47 years, and was introduced to the wilderness as a kid by my dad, an old mountaineer, who showed me the natural wonders of this state and instilled in me an undying love for them. I've been a hiker and skier for almost 40 years, been a backpacker since my time in the Scouts and primarily a soloist for the past 25 years or so. I'm sure I've probably bumped into more than a few of you over the years, and hope to meet more of you in the years to come! See ya on the high-side! smile.gif

SEMPER IMPROVISIO -or- You can't always get what you want, but if you try some times you just might find that you learn how to Deal...
kingtermite
Termite King

kingtermite
Termite King
PostWed Sep 04, 2013 8:20 am 
Hola Hikerinos! My name is Chris. I just joined this morning. I live on the Eastside (Bellevue) of the Seattle area, but originally from Florida (moved here in 2007). To call me a newbie or rookie would probably be an understatement. I've only done a few very small hikes, but have enjoyed them thoroughly enough that I'm interested in doing more. I don't know much about hiking, so I'm just in the process of trying to learn more so that I'm safe and hopefully find a group I can get with to learn the ins and outs better. I've joined a Seattle Hikers meetup group, but I have not gone on a hike with them yet. I've also heard about a local group called "The Mountaineers", but know little if nothing about them. Recommendations for getting started would be appreciated.

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostMon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 am 
Howdy all! Just found this place last week. I also just recently moved up here (DuPont area) from Texas. I've missed greenery, mountains, rain and snow. I've always liked hiking but haven't done much in the past 15 yrs. So i am getting back into it now that i am in such a great hiking area. I like day hikes but I like them on the longer side. I like to camp as well but I am limited as to the amount of time I can go due to work and family. frown.gif I have a feeling I will be doing many hikes alone as my family doesn't like doing the longer hikes (anything over 5 miles). And since winter is approaching, I will be looking for ideas on winter hikes (not snowshoeing). Cheers!

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
travisjburke

travisjburke
PostWed Nov 20, 2013 7:51 pm 
Hi all, I'm Travis, originally from Reno, Nevada. I'm 31, and have been hiking for most of my life, and climbing for over a decade. I recently relocated to Seattle because my S/O is going to the UW. Right now, I'm unemployed and using the time off to get in as many PNW hikes as possible. I'm always up for getting into the mountains, and I'm relatively new to Seattle, so if you're interested in some weekday hiking/climbing, let me know. I hike pretty quickly, but half the time I'm just staggered by the beauty of the Cascades.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Dec 12, 2013 4:21 pm 
hey welcome all!...look up those spider meadows/lyman lake reports...I went first time a few seasons ago, am goine back this next summer... need a few newbies to tag along with my friend lead-dog who usually organizes annual week long trips...this trip is 4 nights min...friday till tues. or wed.... hockeygrin.gif stuff usually don't open up much around 4-4,500ft. till beginin of july.....there are some amazing shortish x-c routes and all the lakes are stocked!

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 am 
Hello everyone! I've been reading these forums for several months and thought it was about time I joined in! I am an avid hiker, photographer and writer living in the shadow of Mt. St. Helens. I've written a number of hiking related articles over the years, some of which were published during my internship at The Longview Daily News. Recently I started a blog where I have re-published many of my old hiking articles, and am in the process of writing new ones especially for the blog which you can read here: http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/p/home.html I look forward to sharing my adventures here, happy hiking!

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/