Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Next Ice Cream Social
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ajgoodkids

ajgoodkids
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 3:41 pm 
Here's a hot prospect for the next ice cream social: Cloud 9 Room at the Mandarin Garden Restaurant in Issaquah. Saturday, January 11, 6:30 p.m. until whenever. Here's the deal: Nice place, nice room, nicely decorated. Good jazz trio starts at 7:00 p.m., no cover charge. No smoking! Kids acceptable in the area with the jazz trio, if anyone wants to bring some brood or can't find a sitter. Good food if you know what to order (hint: all the soups are good and the barbecued pork is homemade). What say?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 4:28 pm 
Now a Saturday is something that I have a chance at. I'll try to make that one. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 7:43 pm 
I'm up for it. When I get there depends on how nice the weather is on that Saturday. winksmile.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 9:56 am 
I've been waiting for one on the Easttside. I do have a couple other factors to take into account, but I'll try to make this one. agree.gif I'll give you a definite answer as soon as I can.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 11:01 am 
The place and time looks great. It's several days after my knee surgery, but should not be a problem. At least that's what I'm being told. Looking forward to meeting everybody. BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 12:04 pm 
Count me in on this one! Coming from Chicago we usually do jazz with beer but I guess it works with ice cream too. Hold the pretzels.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 1:28 pm 
Im in. Hell, I can walk to that place! Infact, I have stumbled home from there more than once! HA! The owner, Andy is a friend of mine. If we decide on a set date I'll make sure there is room! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Quark

Quark
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 5:56 pm 
Excellent idea! I'm a maybe. I'll polish off the ole spats, practice coiffing my hair 'n read a chapter or two of my Charm School lesson book, just in case. I am currently using the book as a doorstop. I guess I should come in a Grand Disguise since I'm a renegade poster - a black sheep, a rebel. Ummm...it ain't that new-fangled smooth jazz stuff, is it.....? Why in my day, jazz was jazz, and you didn't ever have to question it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 6:39 pm 
Watch out, you may have dated yourself!!! It's a beautiful place really. To much so for down town Itch-a-scratch! TB biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 6:40 pm 
Don't see why i wouldn't be able to be there, assuming I'm in town then. I so need a vacation.

catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 7:01 pm 
hmmmmm...... perhaps. I'll know for sure when it's the 11th.

MGD

MGD
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 7:45 pm 
I try and only hike in good weather, so theoretically I should avoid places with names like the cloud 9 room. That said, not having to pay for something free is a good thing. Kenny G plays smooth jazz. His last name is named after a musical note--nothing wrong with that. Many of his songs use that note and a few others that are very close by. Hence the smooth.

polarbear

polarbear
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 8:21 pm 
Generally I don't respond to people that post using their initials as I have to assume the content of their message may also be abbreviated. Still, MGD raises an interesting point on Kenny G's last name, but whether it really is related to the smoothness of jazz is anyone's guess. Maybe jazz is like mountains in that they are born rough and craggy and then get smoothed out over time to resemble more a bowl of jello than anything else. What makes smooth jazz smooth? I don't think all the notes Kenny plays are all that close to G. Anyone? Can someone name some craggy jazz musicians?

ajgoodkids

ajgoodkids
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 11:15 pm 
Kenneth Gorlick. Elevator music. The trick, MGD, is to be on cloud 9, not under it. You want to be high on hiking and hiking on high. You do not want to be on Curtis Mayfield and the Temptation's cloud 9. Nice place, yes. We'll ask Andy how he chose the name.

---

---
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 11:38 pm 
Po' Lair Bear, anyone who puts a minus sign in their posting name is clearly "dashing" off their notes too fast, and should be ignored. Smooth Jazz: background muzak with little or no vocals, requires no concentration. Not music you sit in a dark room and *li070517 3:37:49 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './bettycro_mhbBlog/wp_users' 070517 3:37:49 [ERROR] Got error 126 when readi