Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Solstice Party - a little early this year
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostTue May 16, 2006 9:25 am 
Yepper, it's that time again. (hey, if I don't have people over, the house doesn't really get clean) The party itself will be June 10. Hopefully Dave won't burn himself again while lighting the brushpile (er, bonfire). eek.gif We have floor space and lots of tent space for folks to spend the night. Children are absolutely welcome. Dogs are welcome only if they're critter friendly. If you want to come up Friday evening to get an early start on the trail, that's fine with us. The food is pot luck. I'll be doing my normal big hunk of meat, and probably a pot of chili. If you want to stop by early to drop off food before hitting the trail, someone will be here. Don't expect fresh eggs right now - all the female birds have gone broody and are stubbornly working on hatching babies - spring is definitely here. This is an open invite. I know there are some new posters from the Bellingham area. I'm a half-hour's drive up 542 - come on by! Some of the BC contingent came down last year. It's a great way to put faces to the names and get to know folks in real life. PM me for directions.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostTue May 16, 2006 9:51 am 
Barring health issues or possible upcoming employment opportunities, I'm so there! Is there anything specifically Canuck, I can bring down for you for this one?

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 16, 2006 1:59 pm 
Im predicting that I'll be able to make dis one. Tanks for selecting a good time Yen Yen. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostTue May 16, 2006 9:30 pm 
Hiker Boy wrote:
Barring health issues or possible upcoming employment opportunities, I'm so there! Is there anything specifically Canuck, I can bring down for you for this one?
Real beer

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostTue May 16, 2006 9:44 pm 
It'll be great to see you guys! The only Canadian things I can think of off the top of my head are Timbits. I love those things. The black pepper Lays are also way too tasty. I'll think about it and see if any other Canuck delicacies pop into my head.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue May 16, 2006 10:40 pm 
Hiker Boy wrote:
AHEm, yes..... minty things

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostWed May 17, 2006 8:35 am 
Hiker Boy wrote:
Hey maybe you can invite Mountaingirl and ride down together wink.gif wink.gif I am so hoping I can make this.. the past three hikes I have tried to go on have failed miserably (thanks to the husband unit). I have yet to explore any of the Baker area and I am itching (don't worry it's not contagious) to get out there. Gas money would be the only thing stopping me..if I let it winksmile.gif Jenjen, are your birds in a fenced in area?..My dog is critter friendly except for any kind of bird..she is a hunter and loves to hunt the birds.

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostWed May 17, 2006 9:28 am 
Count us in. Not sure if we’re bringing Kasey yet, but we most likely will. She’s a veteran camper so if we bring her don’t worry, she can sleep in the pasture with the rest of us animals! pig.gif
Quote:
The black pepper Lays are also way too tasty
Uh oh, have I started an addiction? They are yummy aren’t they! No wine gums ML? David has been talking of organizing a Garibaldi trip in July so he will be bringing down some topos and info. He can burn the topo onto cds, if anyone is interested, pm us. Anyone know if you can bring a cooked chicken dish across the border? I cannot seem to find a clear answer/ruling on that one. I’m thinking I may just have to take my chances with whatever kind of mood/personality of the border guard we get.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed May 17, 2006 9:34 am 
Quote:
No wine gums ML?
Oh, gosh, I haven't had any since last year--yes of course I want some of those too. hockeygrin.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed May 17, 2006 9:34 am 
The birds free range. I tried keeping them fenced in, but they fly and trimming feathers is a pain. I really don't know what the deal is with bringing cooked food over the border. Sometimes we get questioned, sometimes we don't.

seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostWed May 24, 2006 2:25 pm 
I'm keen to join in.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed May 24, 2006 7:42 pm 
I would totally be there, except my buddy Yetiman is having his graduation ceremony from Shoreline CC on Sunday the 11th, and with me having to work the 10th (Saturday) also, well, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards this time. frown.gif I'm sure after reading this a couple of people will be saying to themselves "Aw, that's too bad", and a couple others will be thinking "Hooray!". embarassedlaugh.gif

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostWed May 24, 2006 8:21 pm 
actionbetty wrote:
Hey maybe you can invite Mountaingirl and ride down together wink.gif wink.gif
Egads! Not unless she's had a humor transplant in the last year I don't know about! eek.gif

Honey Badger Don't Care!
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed May 24, 2006 8:34 pm 
Yeah, Seawall! I'll finally get to meet you in real life. biggrin.gif Dang, Sluggo! It sounds like your weekend is gonna be busy and fun anyway. There are always parties after graduations, right?

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed May 24, 2006 10:03 pm 
Hey...I'll be there Jen. up.gif up.gif I'll see if I can drag Tom and Cascade Dave into joining me.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short