Forum Index > Trip Reports > Panorama Point, Mt Rainier 1/10/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Jan 10, 2003 6:25 pm 
Oh my gawd! It's been so long since I've been out -- and it showed! Anyway, we've had such gorgeous weather this week that I just had to get myself out there one time to enjoy it. Joanne and I went to Paradise and geared up with snow shoes for Panorama Pt. The consistency of the snow was actually pretty awful -- hard, crunchy, and icy. But it was still really nice to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. Probably didn't even need snow shoes because of the consistency, but it was sure nice to have the spikes on the bottom of the snowshoes for the steep ascent to Pan Pt. They'll probably get some fresh snow this weekend, so it will then have much fluffier and nicer snow. It didn't even really thaw out for the descent, so glissading down was not real desirable. I did it for a short way, and decided it wasn't such a smart idea. There were skiers and snowboarders up there too, but that wouldn't have been so fun with today's snow conditions. Ok, so there's my first trip report in a long time! Woo hoo!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message