Forum Index > Trail Talk > News article: Harvey Manning splits with Mountaineers & Ira
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tsolo

Tsolo
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 11:00 pm 
A couple thoughts on all this... -- I don’t think this falling out is all that significant, since the WA hiking book series has pretty much been written and rewritten. (What additional guidebooks could they possibly come up with?) -- Also, I’d be surprised if they’ve made even minimum wage for all the work they’ve put in on all those books over the years. -- And I don’t mind in the least that old Harvey is cantankerous. My personal feeling is that he has contributed significantly (and should be given varying degrees of credit for) to the very existence of the Issaquah Alps areas, North Cascades NP, the Mountains-to-Sound Greenway, and probably other as well. Anyone who’s helped accomplish that much is a hero to me. And his strong sense of opinion (or cantankerousness, if you prefer) has probably been one of the reasons that all of this has happened.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message