Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 8:09 pm 
wildernessed wrote:
The "BomB", The Olympics from Lillian Ridge, one of the finest views in America. Hannah and I backpacked a loop out around Moose Lake on a road trip when we lived back in Ohio. I have a pic of the range from that ridge and it's one of my favorites. Nice crapper with a view near Moose Lake. up.gif up.gif
Yep..the loop from Ob. Point thru Badger Valley to Grand Lake and up Grand Valley back to Ob. Point..well, to me, that is just pure bliss. I have done it a couple times, and I hope I do it many more times up.gif I keep trying to find time to do a multi dayer over there..to just wander.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
l

l
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 8:20 pm 
sarbar wrote:
wildernessed wrote:
The "BomB", The Olympics from Lillian Ridge, one of the finest views in America. Hannah and I backpacked a loop out around Moose Lake on a road trip when we lived back in Ohio. I have a pic of the range from that ridge and it's one of my favorites. Nice crapper with a view near Moose Lake. up.gif up.gif
Yep..the loop from Ob. Point thru Badger Valley to Grand Lake and up Grand Valley back to Ob. Point..well, to me, that is just pure bliss. I have done it a couple times, and I hope I do it many more times up.gif I keep trying to find time to do a multi dayer over there..to just wander.
Sarbar, one of the fun options is to camp in Upper Grand Basin and dayhike over Low Pass to Lake Lillian. The basin is gorgeous and a wildflower haven. Last time I camped in Upper Grand Basin, I dayhiked to Cameron Pass (via the trail). It's a hefty up and down pounder that eventually pays dividends in Cameron Basin, but the work involved is more than I can recommend.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 pm 
Lol...I can bet it involves hard work wink.gif Certain trips I desire are still a couple years away. Ford does well as my hiking partner, but I need him strong enough to haul his food (he carries his gear, but I hump the food and water for us on our backpacking trips) I have yearned way too much to head for upper Grand Valley! I am hoping maybe in 2 years smile.gif And doing a cross-the-Olympics trip with him. Dosewallips is an area I have never gotten to...be fun to come out that way.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
reststep

reststep
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 9:51 pm 
Shacknasty Jim wrote:
I'm always amazed at some of the abandoned plans of Olympic's past. At one time a road was seriously considered to be built up the Elwha, over Low Divide and down the Quinault. A ski resort was considered for Soleduck Park (Heart Lake), a dam for Goblin Gates, a tramway at Soleduck Hot Springs, reopening Tubal Cain to mining and a trail built along the Bailey Range!
I can remember when I was in high school, a long long time ago, there was talk about a road over Anderson Pass.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir