Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > My Nausea
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Jul 14, 2006 8:37 pm 
whaambulance.gif My Nausea whaambulance.gif It always happens as I fear eek.gif Right around this time of year My immunity should be quite strong agree.gif Should be quite strong? How far wrong! I woke this morning feeling fine smile.gif By noon my health was in decline Could I only heal what was the cause-a hurl.gif Of this yearly summer nausea? Ah--but only could I, I'd be happy nopity.gif Then I would not feel oh so...umm...er...sappy I drag myself into my car wheelchair.gif I sure hope I can drive this far! A few hard miles I'm feeling beat zzz.gif But I manage the exit at Mercer Street In the elevator, a pretty girl wink.gif I hardly notice cuz I need to hurl Three flights up I give a sigh stuck.gif And walk into the REI Should I hit the restroom first? giardia.gif My condition's gone from bad to worse I manage to reach the register bugeyes.gif My stomach heaves, my intestines stir Aches and pains, it feels like gas flammable.gif "$30 sir, here's your pass, Good at trails where they're required, Discard your old one, it's expired." flush.gif "Thanks," I mumble feebly My knees shake wobble-weebly crutches.gif Back at home inside I droop And warm me up some chicken soup chicken.gif The doc says my illness is Passitis With nausea, fever, and gastritis, gag.gif It will wane and wax with little progress The cure will take an act of Congress wazzup.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostMon Jul 17, 2006 8:32 am 
sorry you're not feeling well but................. rotf.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostMon Jul 17, 2006 12:02 pm 
My Nausea Medicine At my desk I scan Green Trails Then off the web come route details Trip plans gel and point where to go I copy and paste whilst laying low The drizzly spring a crackling fire But drat my Forest Pass will soon expire My stomach knots my face soon pales But then I remember Washington Trails What better time to grub and hoe Than the middle season with voided snow Dirt work it is alpine it’s not Rain in the woods two miles from the lot Part of my gear for a summer of fun Is a pass that's too white to fade in the sun The access fee will sicken for sure But many have found a seasonal cure The pill's a work party with WTA Take two in the spring to keep nausea away

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostMon Jul 17, 2006 2:05 pm 
up.gif up.gif cool.gif who pays for passes anymore? I always do my volunteer bit for at least 2 days (13 this year....) and never have to cough up $30 for a pass.....get out and volunteer!!! hockeygrin.gif

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostMon Jul 17, 2006 2:14 pm 
why wouldn't you volunteer? save yourself $30 for beer! ain't no need to be nauseous fair maid was never won by being cautious grab that grub hoe or McCleod let your actions speak so loud instead of paying for one work for two and pass is done... work on a favorite trail hard body evolves from frail no passes through the mail to the woods we will hightail.... o.k...I'm reaching here....I ain't a good poet....just trying to get into the spirit of the thread..... dizzy.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostMon Jul 17, 2006 7:50 pm 
Bob, your idea has some merit Thanks for taking time to share it up.gif And thanks to those who expressed their sorrow I'm feeling better every morrow smile.gif I wish this nausea would take hiatus (I had it several years in demo-status) shakehead.gif But it lingers on like bad perfume-a Neverending revenge of Montezuma giardia.gif Would that it would go away For that I would beg borrow and pay! wink.gif The doctor says it is this fee That keeps me in my misery bawl.gif And I admire the efforts of my peers-- Those who serve has volunteers agree.gif But would that all were given a pass If they worked 2 days, or sat on their arse moon.gif The wilderness was given to all Not just those who can dig, saw, and haul rockband.gif And is meant for those who can climb and scramble But also for those who can barely amble crutches.gif If everyone must wield 'axes Let the 'axes be from income taxes banghead.gif These we pay just once a year They could go farther hear ye hear! vent.gif Whether one abides in castle or hovel Should all have to stomp a shovel? confused.gif And the damsel at the REI? When I think of her I cry souse.gif For I'm sure that I would like her Though evidence shown she warn't a hiker sneaky.gif For she had not the trail pass (Nor nausea, fever, and bad gas) flowers.gif While I dream of her I'm bound to fail To ever see her on the trail horsey.gif But two things are free That you can bet biggrin.gif Nocharge.com and nwhikers.net And so I sit hear in my chair wheelchair.gif Far away from mountain air In my socks and robe and shorts ace.gif Reading all the trip reports ...and sipping camomile tea coffee.gif