Forum Index > Trail Talk > Enchantments Permits
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 7:43 am 
From this year's .PDF application: Planned bridge construction will limit access to Enchantment Permit Zones Two road bridges between the Eightmile and Stuart Lake Trailheads will be replaced in order to provide continued vehicular access to the Stuart Lake Trailhead. The current bridges are at the end of their life expectancy and need to be replaced. We were all set to accomplish this during the 2002 season when the funding was pulled due to the fire situation nationwide and the funds were used to support emergency fire suppression efforts. Access to Colchuck Lake, Stuart Lake, and the Enchantments will be affected during construction. Construction is scheduled to begin on July 15, 2003. Visitors will not be able to enter the Alpine Lakes Wilderness via the Lake Stuart Trailhead while construction is under way. Visitors will still be able to access the Enchantments via the Snow Lakes Trailhead, but no permit reservations for the Colchuck-Aasgard Pass route will be taken for trips after July 14th; permit reservations for that area will resume once the work has been completed. For more information about this upcoming project please contact the Leavenworth Ranger Station at: 509-548-6977. bawl.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 12:24 am 
The 22nd of February is the day to send in Enchantment Permit requests. Link to application can be printed from site given near beginning of thread.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message