Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Do You Use Internet Radio?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Jul 21, 2006 6:43 pm 
Gotta love it with speakers hooked to my computer or more often, with wireless headphones with which I can cook my pasta, sit on the deck or do whatever?!? First choice is WMVY from Martha's Vineyard (James Taylor guaranteed). I especially like their Sunday evening programs, and I sport a blue lobster bumper sticker. http://wmvy.com (Also on i-Tunes radio) Another great choice is KINK from Portland, where I spent formative years. (You can even listen to "Lights Out".) http://www.kinkfm102.com/ I do local in my car or a traditional radio with KOHO, but can also tune in to them on the computer. http://www.kohoradio.com/

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostFri Jul 21, 2006 10:28 pm 
i'm a big fan of pandora.com. I choose the music, it builds radio stations for me in response to my preferences

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Jul 21, 2006 11:40 pm 
Trying to remember the name of the service that Cascade Dave introduced me to... Live365.com I think... Pretty impressive, even for the free version of the service.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostSat Jul 22, 2006 8:02 am 
I use DI (digitallyimported) most of the time, or XRM. But yep, I'm a fan. :-)

David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostSat Jul 22, 2006 8:40 pm 
All day at work...I listed to an all sports station in Detroit I do it so I can carry on a conversation with my father...he has some what of a one track mind....

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Jul 22, 2006 10:20 pm 
Another Live365 fan.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jul 22, 2006 10:43 pm 
The Basement (Australia).

Rob Jordan

Rob Jordan
PostMon Jul 24, 2006 4:41 pm 
Oooh, pandora is cool. seawallrunner only scratches the surface about it though. It chooses songs it thinks you'll like by matching other songs or artists based on features of your songs or artist. They call it the Music Genome Project. Last.fm is another similar site, but that's more of a "social music" website that picks stuff for you based on what other people listen too. Of course they say the top similar artist to Radiohead is Coldplay, so you might get what you pay for. I also listen to KEXP online when I'm at the microscope for hours. Their uncompressed stream sounds really good. You'll need a pretty big connection to be able to listen to it nicely, though.

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostWed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 am 
I use Yahoo Radio, with a custom station that basically asks me what kind of music I like, then plays songs that match and asks me to rate particular songs/artists. I have it honed to play pretty much exactly to my taste now. I also like KEXP, especially the replays of Shake the Shack! up.gif

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostThu Jul 27, 2006 7:02 pm 
Seawall Runner, Thanx for the tip on pandora. That's a keeper.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm 
Ancient, ancient post here.....KOHO FM left the upper valley for Wenatchee, but still maintained a great mix of folksy & modern stuff for a while. This year they sold out to the poppy boy band girl band post-modern format with a weird pairing of 80's hits., et.al. competing with 2 already established Wenatchee stations playing similar genre. I tire of KINK at times but still persist and appreciate their "5 o'clock drive" of uninterrupted music. WMVY has some good shows, but can be very local oriented, which is not a problem, just makes me want to spend time in Martha's Vineyard. cool.gif By far the best station going at the moment (for me) up.gif up.gif up.gif is KCSN out of L.A. and playing a great eclectic mix of classic LP cuts, modern, and "discovery" music. I always enjoy their "Sixties at Six", in which they play B sides, or the 3rd, 4th, or 5th greatest songs a group/singer put out. Afterwork chill time on the deck is always enjoyable with their music on the iPod and cracks a smile on my face. tongue.gif You can easily stream them or download their app. http://www.kcsn.org

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 pm 
I have both XM and internet radio at home. I rarely watch TV. I ALWAYS listen to the radio.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 3:22 am 
NPR One Spotify (Though the "if you upgraded to premium wouldn't hear this ad" ads get a little tiresome).

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 6:53 am 
Streaming cowboy music. No, it's not 'country'. http://cowboyfrank.net/real/kwby.wvx

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 9:28 am 
Radio Paradise! peace.gif

~Mom jeans on wheels