Forum Index > Trail Talk > Pasayten in September
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ridgerunner

ridgerunner
PostWed Feb 05, 2003 1:17 pm 
Anyone every done a trip in the Pasayten during September? If so I'd like to hear about it, where you went # of people you ran into, how much snow you got if any, etc. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Feb 05, 2003 2:23 pm 
I've done two trips in Sept, one from Harts pass N, the other into Hidden Lakes N of Winthrop. The first trip was for 7 days, we saw people only near Harts pass and none as we hit various lakes and ridgelines in the region. The trip to Hidden was for 5 days and we saw a party about every other day. No snow at all on either trip, thunderstorms every few days on both. This late in the season, there is little water available so choose routes and water capacity/storage wisely with respect to water, there is no profusion of small creeks available like there in in the central cascades. It's a great region, wide open valleys, little brush as compared to the rest of the cascades, and miles of high ridgelines and great views. If you want to see few people and do a lot of roaming, this is definitely the place to get thee gone!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
philfort

philfort
PostWed Feb 05, 2003 9:04 pm 
I did a trip a few years ago during Labour Day weekend. I recall it being warm and sunny, no snow, and we took 2 days along ridgeline trails to get to some lakes on the east side of Remmel, climbed Remmel, and circled around the base of the mtn counter clockwise to another narrow lake that had a trail to it from the valley bottom (don't recall any of the names). Between when we left the main trail near the beginning, and reached that lake, we didn't see anyone else. That was two and a half days I think. Nice country, easy cross-country travel.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster