Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > How often do you wash your CAR?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jennanik

Jennanik
PostWed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 pm 
In the summer, I don't usually bother. I drive on dirt roads almost every weekend, so what's the point? I will make an exception if I'm going somewhere nice, or family/friends will see it, or if I get an oil change and a car wash comes with it. My poor little black car is currently best described as dark grey with brown streaks. rolleyes.gif

Jen
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostWed Aug 02, 2006 4:11 pm 
once, maybe twice a year? it looks good with dirt all over it smile.gif

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
shiznit75
opie wrangler

shiznit75
opie wrangler
PostWed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 pm 
My jeep got 1 washing since I've had it. It looks better dirty. Now if it was only topless. The inside gets cleaned when I get an odor I can't place or I'm driving company around. I have banned canned pop being left in it after 3 pepsi cans exploded during the heat wave! Sprayed all over the headliner I had replaced myself rant.gif

~Lost In Spaz~
sten

sten
PostWed Aug 02, 2006 6:42 pm 
To wash or not to wash, that is the question
Ah, this question has been occupying my mind since I bought my 'new' (2004) car. To wash or not to wash that is the question. It is a particularly vexing question since I grew up in the never-never land of California during the era of floods and droughts, and one had to decide what things one spent water on (particularly true when your father is the groundwater guru for the state). So, whatever shall I do with my less than 2 week-owned rig with the distressing dust overlying the effervescent cayenne red pearl paint (did I mention that one of my co-workers was just dissing red for his ever-so-not-macho red nissan pickup in which he can haul nothing??? he seemed to think that red was a demeaning color, on top of a few other issues he had with it) But luckily, my car is not red. It is cayenne red pearl! But that doesn't address the dust. The oh-so distressing dust that obscures the true, not-red, pigmentation of my car. Should I wash it to bring it all back to life. There is no oil from a freshly-oiled road, no mud sticking to it, no one to impress. Screw it, nothing that a good rain won't wash away.

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!
PostWed Aug 02, 2006 8:18 pm 
RollerPair wrote:
[suds deleted] Last time I washed a car, it broke down the next day. I had to sell the thing, only got $50 for it. So any advice on how to wash a car without ruining it is appreciated.
1 capful of car detergent 1 bucket of warm water 1 car mitt Start with the roof, then windows, then hood, then trunk, then sides. Do wheels last. Rinse. Repeat if necessary. Let dry and check for streaks. Wait for two full days. Now you can drive it without it breaking.

T-O-F-U in the USA! T-O-F-U in the USA! Tofu in the USA!
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 1:19 am 
I wash my car by driving through water-filled potholes on FS roads. embarassedlaugh.gif

Spotly

Spotly
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 4:04 pm 
Every time I wash my cat.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 4:39 pm 
How do you get the fur out from between your teeth?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 4:45 pm 
Seems like a cat would make a good car-scrubber. Cats like water and soap so much that it's a natural pairing!

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 4:47 pm 
I never wash my cat. Hey, waitaminute.....you're saying you never wash your car, aren't you?

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Spotly

Spotly
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 4:47 pm 
marylou wrote:
Seems like a cat would make a good car-scrubber. Cats like water and soap so much that it's a natural pairing!
And they'd agitate so much, hardly any scrubbing required on your part.

Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 5:09 pm 
The real question for this topic should be: How often do you remove gorp with a vaccuum from that slit where the seat cushion meets the back cushion at the base of your lower back? I swear I have found gummy bears two years old in that slit, and they are still as good tasting two years later.

Art is an adventure.
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 5:16 pm 
Quark wrote:
I never wash my cat. Hey, waitaminute.....you're saying you never wash your car, aren't you?
I washed my car just today, so I wouldn't look like some gaper wannabe with all that mountain dust all over my rig. I'm cool enough without looking like I go in the mountains all the time anyway.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 5:34 pm 
Stefan wrote:
The real question for this topic should be: How often do you remove gorp with a vaccuum from that slit where the seat cushion meets the back cushion at the base of your lower back? I swear I have found gummy bears two years old in that slit, and they are still as good tasting two years later.
Oooh, good point. I've found jelly beans in the slit where the seat ends and the center console begins. I didn't try to eat them, tho, I just wasn't quite that hungry. (the bleached out Milky Way I found buried in the center console I did eat. The wrapper was still intact, so I figured it was just fine) Last time I cleaned out the little crevices was just before driving down to CA about 2 years ago.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 6:26 pm 
I'm always snacking on stuff I find in my truck. Red licorice (twizzlers), beef jerky, 'Nilla wafers, Good & Plenty. Late at night when I'm hanging around and I get hungry, I just go out & forage. But I came to tell you that I'm tempted to wash my truck. He got new tires today, and boy are they ever good-lookin' tires. Damn, they're good lookin' tires. Plus windshield wipers. I've had that truck since 2000 (or 01?) and it ain't never had new wipers, but needed them within a year after I bought the truck. I kept fergittin'. I'd be driving Stevens Pass in the rain, thinking, "damn," but soon as I get home, "pouf!" (not "poof"), the memory of the driving rain killing my view was gone. Until the next time.... So today, August whatever, 2006, my memory finally collided with the open store, and I got wipers. Almsot forgot again; I had to call the shop right before I left work & have 'em slap on some blades for me. So anyway, I might wash the truck, but it'll have to be Wednesday, 'cause that's the first free evening I have so far.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting