Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 2)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 pm 
Rocky
Rocky
2 Headed Rocky
2 Headed Rocky

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 9:28 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Rocky
Rocky
" WHAT, what's this crap, quit holdin' out on me, where's the honey roasted ? "

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Rocky
Rocky
[random thought="into thin air"] Dang. I miss ole Moose & Squirrel. [/random thought]

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
hikermike

hikermike
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 pm 
You just happened to get those pix like that on just one weekend!! Some tracking skills.......I've looked for years for a pine marten!

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 pm 
hikermike, I was sitting on a log at Talapus Lake w/my dog 8' away and this little one came right up to me and took a nut right from my fingertips. Then it just sat there with me and chiseled away at that nut till it was gone, then gently took another nut from me. Talking about tame. I had no idea.

gk

gk
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 pm 
First few evenings of the Tin Pan fire. One from the marina in town here, and the other two from 25 mile creek at sunset. Hey, if you live in Chelan, you breathe some smoke each year. So I go with it.
First evening with west wind from the Tinpan Fire
First evening with west wind from the Tinpan Fire
Second evening with lower humidity and smoke lingering on the lake at sunset.  Taken at 25 mile creek on south shore.
Second evening with lower humidity and smoke lingering on the lake at sunset. Taken at 25 mile creek on south shore.
Second evening just minutes after sunset.  25 mile creek on south shore.
Second evening just minutes after sunset. 25 mile creek on south shore.

Mady’s Momma

Mady’s Momma
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 11:04 pm 
Wildfires can be very scary and sometimes quite destructive but the sunsets that result from them are usually incredible. Nice pics and colors with your submissions.

touron

touron
PostThu Aug 03, 2006 11:16 pm 
Quote:
[random thought="into thin air"] Dang. I miss ole Moose & Squirrel. [/random thought]
ditto.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Gil

Gil
PostFri Aug 04, 2006 2:12 am 

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Aug 04, 2006 2:47 am 
What the caption says
From two weeks ago. Quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine.

Mike E.

Mike E.
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 2:30 pm 
Rainier from Mission Ridge. Too much smoke in the other directions to get very good shots.
Rainier from Mission Ridge
Rainier from Mission Ridge

Stymee
mofo

Stymee
mofo
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 6:53 pm 
The life of a marmot.
Marmot found on the Wonderland Trail just east of Sunrise in Mount Rainier National Park. We watched him march accross a field, then hop onto his favorite rock. The wildflowers were in full bloom, the hike was perfect, and this close up look at a marmot was icing on the cake. Gotta love the PNW.

Joe

Joe
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 8:47 pm 
triad_lake7
triad_lake7

Joe
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 8:52 pm 
Was a bit different at Fort Casey today. Nice Mr. Sore feet.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Mady’s Momma

Mady’s Momma
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 8:58 pm 
Gunsight Peak Elev. 7352' 07/28/06
Gunsight Peak elevation 7352 feet
Gunsight Peak elevation 7352 feet