Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > walking pace
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 7:01 pm 
I find a very similar experience on the road. I think there must be more and more retired people out there driving around with a LOT of spare time on their hands! I find that many people can't even go the speed limit anymore! Wassup!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 8:00 pm 
I'm just glad I'm no longer commuting to the Boeing area up in Everett. Some of the world's wildest drivers are on this stretch, always trying to get from Seattle to Everett in 15 minutes because they left their house at 7:45. Slow down, you're going to fast! 405 is alot more normal, less road rage, etc.

catwoman

catwoman
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 8:44 pm 
Polarbear, I find the opposite problem. It seems that people even going as fast as the speed limit are a rarity anymore. And boy is it frustrating - especially since I'm driving because I've got some place to go! And hey, I'm not talking about needing to go 80mph either! I'm just talking about going the speed limit for Pete's sake!

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 8:49 pm 
It must be nice to have alot of spare time on your hands. I'm looking forward to retirement. One drawback is that retirement for me is going to be awhile. Hmmm! I wonder if I can still drive when I'm 150 years old. confused.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 9:28 pm 
Maybe everyone should start driving one of these. Somtimes you're the tortoise, and somtimes your the Nash. cool.gif

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm 
I find out when I'm among the peeps, I'm moving at a faster rate and with a purpose-I'm going somehere!! I don't really feel like I'm traveling that fast when I'm hiking-maybe I am.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
JimK

JimK
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 11:30 pm 
Polarbear, How about a skinny electric car that goes from 0-60 in 3.9 seconds? Electric Car

Cobra

Cobra
PostSat Feb 15, 2003 3:49 pm 
What roads is everyone talking about that you can do the speed limit? Certainly not our freeways which are bumper to bumper 24x7. Also there are alot of radar traps on the backstreets or at least those radar carts that tell you how fast you are going. There is a speed limit in Costco but it is not strictly enforced. Maybe that is what they call the law of the jungle? embarassedlaugh.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Feb 15, 2003 9:40 pm 
Ibex, I like your sketch. The art style seems to have resemblance to that known as Graffiti Urbano Americano hmmm.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 8:54 am 
Call me glacier.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 9:43 am 
drink.gif Ebineezer Glacier! Hmm, I just dont know. Im not certain, but I think you are infering that you are S L O W Ebineezer! That's ok with me. biggrin.gif TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 11:33 am 
When hiking, slow works for me. Pokey works better and is a term used often by my partner. Of course, there are colorful metaphors mixed in with the pokey term. tongue.gif My only excuse is it takes time to enjoy everything. Why rush? I have to do that at work. I want to relax, unwind, and have fun. If it stops being fun, then why do it? BW cool.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 6:29 pm 
I have to try and remember that. When I go, and its' almost always alone, I make like Jim Fixx trying to outrun his heart attack! I just love getting where Im going. When I'm with others, I try very hard to regulate that. With Dante, we usually move out. With others I try and mellow the pace. The last thing I want is to push so hard you ruin other peoples trip. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Packpup

Packpup
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 6:58 pm 
I'm definately slow hiking. Working with computers all week makes me too impatient so I like to step back from it on my time and move at my own pace. Sounds like I'm retired in my mind. It seems to me that those power hikers are missing the journey just to make the goal. Pity.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 12:03 am 
Now dont make general statements about us "Power Hikers"... winksmile.gif I take a LOT of pictures, which means that Im looking. It's important to me to cover a lot of ground. It's because I like to SEE a lot of lakes and territory that I want to move fast and cover ground. If I go with others then I adjust to their pace! I do not get impatient! SO there you have it! TB biggrin.gif winksmile.gif biggrin.gif