Forum Index > Trail Talk > Tribute scramble for Edd
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 5:56 pm 
Having sat thru this on the sidelines, I find this has all been very moving. Once again I am reminded of how precious life is, and how it's not the toys we leave behind, but the indelible marks that have made in other peoples lives, that make life worth living. May Ed continue to climb in peace.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tazz

Tazz
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 6:43 pm 
Best group of folks I have ever had a pleasure to meet. Taking a break in the meadow surrounding Lower Hardscrabble Lake.
Big Snow summit looking down on the group
Big Snow summit looking down on the group

Jeff R
Closet hiker.

Jeff R
Closet hiker.
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 7:15 pm 
This trip was a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy a full day in a beautiful mountain setting with our great friend Ed Miller. All day we could feel him alongside us as we explored everything the mountains had to offer. The valley, creeks, waterfalls, meadows, lakes, serenity, and most of all, the endless views, feeling of freedom, and the summit. This peak was a very special place that offered everything. During the whole trip, Ed gave us all the strength, energy and love that will last in our hearts for a lifetime. Thanks Ed, have a great journey.

Ebrace life!
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 7:56 pm 
You guys have done a wonderful thing.

Edd's Brother

Edd's Brother
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 8:11 pm 
Kara and I were very anxious to hear about the hike and see some pics. What a welcome sight it was. Looks like you guys really enjoyed the journey, Ed was in good hands. What a fitting way to follow up after Saturday.

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 9:00 pm 
It was truly an honor to be amongst the fantastic group that paid tribute to Edd on top of Snow Mt on Sunday. Edd's spirit was with us all that day. I know a few of us thought we couldnt make it and it might be out of our comfort zone.. but Edd made sure each and every one of us made it to the summit safely. All of you were an inspriational helpful group of wonderful people and I had a great time even though I feel like I got hit by a truck today agree.gif ..Thank you Edd for bringing us all together cool.gif ps. I could have used some maggie moo's ice cream after that one (HI Ben winksmile.gif )

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 pm 
Edd's Brother wrote:
Kara and I were very anxious to hear about the hike and see some pics. What a welcome sight it was. Looks like you guys really enjoyed the journey, Ed was in good hands. What a fitting way to follow up after Saturday.
Thanks Rick! It was an incredible day...couldn't have asked for nicer weather and/or better conditions to summit. Top notch country withi top notch people. up.gif up.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostMon Aug 14, 2006 11:48 pm 
Ditto on an incredible day with some incredible folks! My favorite pic from yesterday,which sums up how being in the mountains makes me feel.
on the football field slabs
on the football field slabs

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
derekwayne

derekwayne
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 12:28 pm 
peppersteak'n'ale wrote:
This was an awesome outing that I feel fortunate to have been part of and enjoy with such great company. It was a treat to finally meet some of the people on this board (Naturealbeing, Tazz, Malachai, Mesachi Mark, Putz in Boots, Roller pair, Action Betty, JeffR) and also to hike with some of the people I have known for years, many of whom I was hiking with for the first time. Ed had many wonderful friends and you guys made this a trip I won’t soon forget. I only managed a few photos of the lakes just north of the mountain before my camera ran out of memory (I knew I forgot to do something before I left). I already posted a similar pic in “Picture of the Day” last night, but noticed this one today which also includes a glimpse of Dorothy in the upper right - there were just too many lakes to get into a single view:
so many moons ago Ed took me on one of my first (might have been first) backpacking trip. you guessed it "dorothy lake" Ed borrowed a pack for me and i insisted that i would pack.....here are some highlights, 32 oz western family creamer, 3 pairs of shoes, many outfits, a book collection, a can of folgers coffee (large), a box of corn flakes, hair product, costco size lotion, a six pack of some kind of pop, and frozen hot dogs...for the fire (i later found out...no fires allowed) i always wondered why he looked at me funny as i went on for hours about roasting hot-dogs over the fire...needless to say, he shook his head and INSISTED that he pack....thank god, or i would have been screwed, we day hiked the next day too a bunch of other lakes...we bathed at i believe snoqumie lake? make sense? Geez was THAT cold, i've never had so much shrinkage in my life....YIKES, we spent the day laying in the sun, then hiked backed and read and then dinner....it was FUN, I miss him.

Tazz

Tazz
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 3:48 pm 
I posted this in the TR too but just in case some missed it. OK I have been like this doof.gif dell.gif doof.gif for 2 days, trying to figure out how to get the video so I can post it here. I did it!!!! chickenleg.gif Please forgive the quality. It is raw but real. I put it to my favorite tune "All Alone" by Joe Satriani. I hope it is fitting and you all enjoy it. Again, what an amazing day it was! tribute scramble for Ed video.