24. Granite Mountain (I-90)
  25. Seven Fingered Jack
  26. Iron Peak (Teanaway)
  27. Earl Peak (Teanaway)
  28. ...
  29. Del Campo
  30. Seven Fingered Jack
Here are the locations on a map:
View Larger Map Link to Register on Scribd Ed Miller Traveling Summit Register Memorial

Wiki summmary last edited by Riverside Laker on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Oct 01, 2009 2:09 pm 
Yep. My friend Juya said she'd visited Ed last Saturday. I didn't realize she was heading up there, or else I'd have asked her to bring him down, but oh well...he's got a great view for a winter bivy.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostThu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 pm 
I visited Ed on Columbia last weekend, and brought him home so that he can travel to a new peak next weekend. It'll probably be somewhere in the Chelan Sawtooths, so he can enjoy the larches. It's a beautiful register. It literally brought tears to my eyes reading it, seeing the love and respect that so many friends and family had for him.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:59 am 
The EMTSRM is now on Mt. Bigelow in the southern Chelan Sawtooths.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostThu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm 
BUMP! I'm not sure of what the conditions are like on Mt. Bigelow at this time, but I wanted to put this on everyones radar, so they could start thinking in terms of getting Edd back on the move again.

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostSun Jul 11, 2010 11:40 pm 
After retrieving Edd off of Bigelow last Sunday morning, I took him with me up Switchback Peak later the same day before heading down to Cooney Lake and eventually home. I didn't want to keep him cooped up in a non-mountain environment too long, so I took him with me this afternoon for a post World Cup hike. He is now a bit closer to the masses, enjoying a little bit of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness on Granite Mountain (I-90). If you want to retrieve the register, PM me and I'll describe where I left him and even send a photo if I can figure out this photo posting stuff. It should be fairly easy to find, but I didn't want to leave it out in the open either. Notes: There are only 3 or 4 blank pages left in the notebook. Also, the writing on the outside of the register has faded a bit.

Knows literally nothing
veronika

veronika
PostSun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 pm 
I have Edd. Retrieved today. I will place him next weekend.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 25, 2010 9:36 pm 
I wonder if ole Edd-man is getting a kick out of this?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
veronika

veronika
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 am 
Trip report for Granite Mountain here.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am 
GeoTom, Thanks for picking Edd up and getting the "EMTSRM" back on the move again. Hit, Glad to see you keeping Edd on the move. I'll be curious to see where he'll end up next. Will you relabel the tube with a black Sharpie. Just write "Ed Miller's Traveling Summit Register Memorial" and add nwhikers.net. I sincerely encourage any member to champion one of Edd's last request by spreading his remains across the mountain tops of the Cascades. In doing so, we Honor Edd and that connection we all share with each other, our memories and stories of Edd, our passion for mountaineering, and the natural world around us. Please help in celebrating the Life of Ed Miller and make this real.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 5:33 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Please help in celebrating the Life of Ed Miller and make this real.
This is an incredible memory to Edd. up.gif I wish I'd been able to meet him.

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm 
HiT wrote:
Oh wow... you are too late for the tissues. I read through Ed's register last night until 2am. I was bawling my head off. It does touch me dearly. I do want to mention that there are now only three pages left on the original. I am sure the family would love to have before a new one is started. I plan on posting my condolences when I write up the trip report.
I think most everyone who has read the many stories and messages have had the same experience. Clearly the feelings we share with each other have no boundaries and gives us all the more reasons to share ourselves with each other to our greatest abilities. In regards to the register only having 3 pages left, I never gave it any consideration as to what to do once the register was filled. In creating the "EMTSRM" it was most important to include the family members messages in the beginning of the register, as their perspective added great insight as to the character of who Ed was and his relationship with them and his friends. I feel that at this time that these messages should always continue with the traveling of the "EMTSRM". I think that scanning the contents and posting them in the wiki would be the most appropriate thing to do. I would suggest that anyone in the future, that has the time and ability to please feel free to do so. Thanks in advance. If there are any other considerations at this time, please feel free to share them now. NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that the film container that housed Edd's remains is missing from the "EMTSRM" tube. I'd like to find out what happened to his remains, can we back track and find out where, when, and why the container disappeared. In the mean time I'll try an reach Rick (his Brother) and see if there is more of Edd to be spread across the Cascades. "Namaste"

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 pm 
MCaver wrote:
naturealbeing wrote:
Please help in celebrating the Life of Ed Miller and make this real.
This is an incredible memory to Edd. up.gif I wish I'd been able to meet him.
I agree as well, I missed my opportunities to meet and travel with Edd on a number of occasions, but though the words of others I've come to know what a wonderful Human-being Ed was and am humbled to be a part of this celebration of a Man who meant so much to the many people he had shared his Life with.

veronika

veronika
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 6:04 pm 
I have added more pages to the register. I can certainly scan them from the printer at work during my lunch hours this week. Not a problem at all. Is there any way to post a PDF file on this site? It would be the easiest way. If not, I could convert the file into another format I am sure.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 10:51 pm 
Good for you, HiT! up.gif up.gif I might recommend uploading the PDF to scribd.com, and then we can embed the Scribd viewer here. Naturealbeing -- Ed's remains were missing when we picked him up on Hinman. He'd been up there a solid year at the time and the travelling register was being used as an official register in lieu of the official Mountaineers' one.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
veronika

veronika
PostTue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
Thanks Mike... I started part of it today after work but of course some of the pages cannot be completely read because they are fading. For the most part, it is readable though! up.gif I am just glad that I am able to be a part of it. I know years later but still. It is very moving. I do the same thing with my mother's ashes so it kind of hits home for me.