Forum Index > Trail Talk > Women's backpacking trip in September
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark

Quark
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 12:36 pm 
Oh, stop acting like a bunch of cats. Nobody said you have to be in serious relationship to backpack (At least I didn't see the statement in my scan of previous posts....) I'm a not narrow-minded. I believe women are capable of backpacking - it ain't that hard, ladies. I never had lessons in backpacking, and I never had lessons in hanging out with men and women. I guess I just don't need lessons in having men as freinds and seeing them as fellow human beings, and not frightening objects. My first trip was with a couple of freinds, then I did a few solo trips before I met my current freinds on the trail. Going solo did take some practice - I started doing daytrips alone, just to get used to it. So what if some women need confidence building trips? At least they're out there. I repeat: It's not in my realm of interest to teach, and more power to those who enjoy teaching.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 12:58 pm 
Actually, that was used in one of the replies (women in serious relationships)-though, on all my ladies only trips, we have had single women (I was single until this fall) married, engaged, shacking up and lesbians. And hey, it was great. I do understand that it isn't everybodys cup o' tea-and neither is teaching. Actually teaching is my favorite part of being out there! Not only am I helping somebody-usually I am also learning at the same time. BTW-I am building a Yahoo group for PNW ladies who want an all women chat and message area for planning hiking/backpacking trips with other woman in our area-I should be hopefully done with this in a week or so-it will be a private area, invite only so trip plans are kept offline (very important when planning trips with strangers!) If you would like me to email you when I am done, please send me an email! And-Ladies! If you are single and looking for a Mt. Man to make life better-hiking with an all-ladies group is GREAT!! Why?, you ask? Well, in my expeirnces, if a group has even one guy in it-whenever you meet other men on the trails they will ignore all the women and talk to the man, even if he's certified nutty!! But...you go with all women and camp at some gorgeous alpine lake, well, you'll have guys going for evening "strolls" so they can make conversation - no men to compete with, and they know you won't be freaked out as you are surrounded by other women! I met a lot of single guys in the backcountry last summer-and though I never hit it off with any of them-I had many enjoyable conversatios with them-sharing a drink and talk. And, hey all those guys were always in packs with no women! biggrin.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Quark

Quark
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 1:11 pm 
sarbar - can you get ahold of Foo with your website information? I'm afraid she may have got disgruntled because she couldn't find anyone to pack with in September and may not visit to see your post. I'm not looking for a feller - I'm pretty darn content and busy with my own agenda.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 2:24 pm 
I have talked with her and with another of the ladies, who like the concept, so life is good!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
foofoofunky

foofoofunky
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 4:00 pm 
Yes, I've found some ladies, so atleast some good has come out of this 4 page post. I'm not disgruntled I couldn't find anyone, just disappointed in some things I've read. But hey, as I said earlier, to each her own. Since I started this thread, do I have the authority to stop it? Like, can this please stop here? That would be great. agree.gif