Forum Index > Trail Talk > Enchantment Permits
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 5:15 pm 
Tomorrow is the day to mail in your Enchantment permit (it can't be postmarked before the 22nd Feb.). A previous thread has all the info. I'm thinking of a five day trip for 4 from the Snow Lake trailhead since the Aasgard approach is supposed to be closed (de ja vu all over again?) with first date choice the last week in Aug., second the first week in Sept., third the last week in Sept., with a note that I'll take any five days between July 15th and Oct. 15th that include Tuesday and Wednesday. Anybody else is sending in an application? Anyone know if they're gonna deposit my $60 check before the drawing, or just hold onto it until the drawing and deposit only the winner checks?

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 7:50 pm 
Yo David, I'd love to go in there too. Can you get the permit on line? Then send it in via snail mail I guess. I'll ask for different times than you! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 12:25 am 
See the original thread for the site Thomas.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 1:26 am 
Thanks David. I printed a copy. Now I have to decide whenst to go! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Feb 23, 2003 1:42 pm 
I'm curious if anyone knows how they determine who gets picked and who gets what date? TIA NN confused.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Feb 23, 2003 8:43 pm 
Sent my permit request out sat. the 22nd! Should be right there in getting what I wanted. Four for five days. TB

Stymee
mofo

Stymee
mofo
PostSun Feb 23, 2003 9:07 pm 
Can someone give me some good links with photos of the Enchanments? I'm trying to convince my dad to drive up from Oregon and need some eye candy to convince him it's worth it.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 12:32 am 
Mr. Stymee, if you send me your email address I can send you Enchantment pics. SJ, the permit system starts June 15 and runs through October 15th. This year you may infact be able to access the area prior to June 15th! TB

Mongo

Mongo
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 6:32 pm 
the enchantments may be accessible only through snow lake due to bridge work this summer.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 9:44 pm 
Well then, just call Mr. S.J. the TRI POSTER! You are lucky Mr. Jumper. I hope your YARBLES survived. If things dont change much, I bet you'll be able to get in there safely in June! TB

salish

salish
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 10:18 am 
I just mailed in my permit & check for Aug. 28-31, as my first choice and the previous two weekends as my 2nd & 3rd choices. Sounds like there will be plenty of us up there smile.gif The lady at the Ranger Station told me access was by Snow Lake only. I've never been up there so that doesn't mean much to me - does anyone have any details on this route vs. other routes? Thanks, Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
-lol-

-lol-
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 11:27 am 

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 12:55 am 
The other alternative here is coming in from the south. Walk the Ingalls Creek trail then head up underneath Crystal Lake. I had a chance to look at parts of the route last year while horsing around in and around the "Chessmen". Never done the whole thing myself, but I know people who have and they tell me it's not all that bad, complete with way-trail, but it is quite dry.

Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 2:12 pm 
Enchantment Lakes
Any place where you have so send in $60.00 6-7 months in advance, then spend your precious vacation time crowded in with 100+? other people! Then all those dos and don'ts. Maybe it's just me- it is!- I just don't see that it's worth it. I know it's beautiful but come-on.

My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collor's still blue. Lynard Skynard
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 2:27 pm 
Tisk, tisk, tisk, tisk. You sir, simply do not understand! The best things in life are WORTH the effort! La dee da! TB