Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 8:54 am 
There will be prizes aplenty at the GTG! You must show to winn though! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 4:52 pm 
Well I guess that Newbie won't make this one either. My daughter decided to have a get together for her birthday and being old enough to know my priorities I must bow out. I'll make it one of these times. Have fun!! NN frown.gif smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 4:59 pm 
R A T S! Turbo (diesel) bummer! Well damn it. I understand, priorites being what they are! Have a good time tonight. And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the young (I think) lady. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 5:23 pm 
She's younger than me so I guess she's a young lady. Next week will have the other daughters birthday. That's makin' me feel a little to old. NN rolleyes.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 6:11 pm 
Oldbie Newt? Hmmm, naw I dont think so. TB biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 8:01 pm 
That's what I'm talkin' about. Been a long time since we've had all the dysfunctional folks in one place.

Dogman

Dogman
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 9:01 pm 
Aargh. Alcohol good.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Bird Brain

Bird Brain
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 10:43 pm 
A social for likkered up dysfunctional people? Haw! I'm there!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 10:59 pm 
Pretty impressive turnout... I knew that phonebooth stuffing was a fad long ago; perhaps Starbucks stuffing might catch on as a similar phenomenon. Looking forward to checking out the Middle Fork Guide from Carl Dreisbach -- thanks for the suggestion from Dave Weyrick (I think -- too many). Nice to put a face to the names of Rubberlegs, Tom, Ice Girl, Mcaver (it's my personal goal to get this guy into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area at least once this coming year), Stomp, Polarbear, Backpacker Joe, Starjumper, Bushwacker, Sore Feet, Dave Weyrick, and many more... Off to watch The Shield - Day One...thanks again and have a great night!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 11:27 pm 
We had a fantastic turnout -- 18 people in all: Backpacker Joe, Bushwacker, DROCK, Dave Weyrick, Ice Girl, JimK, Larch, MCaver, MichaelB, Packpup, Polearbear, Rubberlegs, Scrooge, Slide Alder Slayer, Sore Feet, StarJumper, Stomp and Tom (I think I got everyone). There was good conversation, lots of pouring over maps, and entirely too many pictures of fish. cool.gif Not to mention an ecclectic mix of coffee, chinese food and Burgermaster. huh.gif Thanks for coming out everyone! I'll find a bigger place next time. up.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 04, 2003 11:52 pm 
Roger that one. Was the biggest I can remember. It was really great meeting Mr. and Mrs. Scrooge! All the people and still I didnt get to introduce myself to a few of them. I appologize for that to those of you that I didnt say hello too. I brought gifts, but there were so many people that I didnt feel I could get every one quite, (read organized) so I think I'll create a NWHikers online give away. Look for it in the near future. Here's what I have to give away. Feathered Friends LINER bag. This is a very interesting bag. Its a liner bag with next generation synthetic fill. The kicker is it has a black REAL gortex shell! Get that, a synthetic bag with a gore tex shell. Good to around 40 degrees I think. Under two pounds. (NEVER USED) This bag could very easily be used for july august sept. trips. It has a hood and places for your arms to stick (zip) out! Cramp ons. Cassin light weight real cramp ons. Never used. Z-rest pad. Leki walking cane! Well there you have it. I'll try and figure out an online something or other for the give away. TB

Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 4:10 pm 
First of all, it's impossible to have too many fish pictures! What a thrill to meet so many whom have shared so much over the almost three years I've been mostly lurking; thanks for coming out. And the keeper of the evening.....meeting the adorable woman whose difficult job it has surely been over the years to keep Scrooge in line. I couldn't stop my self from giving her a big hug. Let's do it again soon.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 5:26 pm 
David, will you feel better if we hold the next GTG at the Seattle a aquarium! Fish buster! TB

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 6:13 pm 
Why wouldn't there be overlap? I'd like to make it if I get the chance. I'm sure others feel the same. Unless, of course, you're saying we aren't invited.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 6:40 pm 
Well, I wont be there! And it's NOT because I'm affraid of Miss. Allison either! drink.gif devilsmile.gif hihi.gif It's because I'll be in Pittsburg! TB