Forum Index > Gear Talk > Tent replacement rods/poles
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 am 
I have a Wenger mountain tent that's a dandy, but the other day one of the sections in one of my four fiberglass sectional tent rods/"poles" cracked. I logged onto the Wenger website but can't find where I can buy a replacement. In the meantime, I've wrapped the crack with black electrician's tape surrounded by a layer of duct tape. So far, so good, but.... frown.gif Anybody know where or who might sell such things? These fold out into about 11 sections, all pulled tight by some kind of super elastic cord running through the middle of each section. Thx

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Curt

Curt
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 7:41 am 
Dave, It'll cost ya, but it will also lighten that tent considerably - especially if it's currently fiberglass and not aluminum. Custom length and sections - up to you: http://www.fibraplex.com/ There are a few places that sell aluminum poles, too. Same Easton quality poles many tentmakers use. A quick search should give you a few choices...

Dante

Dante
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 am 
Check out http://www.polesforyou.com/, formerly TA Enterprises. I got a custom carbon-fiber pole for a SilShelter from them a few ago. Very knowledgeable and helpful. In Oregon, IIRC. The main guy used to work for Easton. They know their stuff.