Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostWed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm 
Slugman wrote:
I love how joseph wants to order people around. And he sets the standard that he must love what you do before he allows it. His existence disturbs my wilderness experience. His handlers should make him stay home.
Sorry I triggered you Slugman. Not ordering anyone around. Just expressing an opinion. That's okay here, right? Or are opinions that disagree with yours not welcome? Hell hath no fury as a dog owner told not everyone loves their dog. LOL.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:03 pm 
I like to bring my cat with me when I hike. It makes him happy, I'm sure his kitty genes recognize the mountains. I use a leash to get him to the car, but I let him off the leash when we hike. Took a while to get there, treats helped a lot. Sometimes he eats dogs. People let them off leash, they just recognize him as a cat, and start trouble. Don't let your dog do that, it won't end well.
This is my ex posing with him to give a better idea of size.
Don't worry he's friendly.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 pm 
Love it hockeygrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
timberghost

timberghost
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 5:55 am 
Slugman wrote:
I love how joseph wants to order people around. And he sets the standard that he must love what you do before he allows it. His existence disturbs my wilderness experience. His handlers should make him stay home.
up.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 6:59 am 
Joseph wrote:
Excuse me, but why is it on the other hiker to bend over and greet your dog? Its your responsibility to control your dog so it doesn't jump up on me.
They are calling or paying attention to my little beast and patting themselves or otherwise signaling her to jump up on them. Most people are dog lovers. Most. Obviously not on this site. What am I supposed to do? Step on the person's toes? It happens whether my dog is leashed or not. People "tell" her to jump up on them. I've given up. It's something that didn't happen with my Lab. Labs are big enough that lazy people don't have to bend over. It has been with my small, Demon Dog that this occurs. Need more dog pictures please.
A big Doug fir.
A big Doug fir.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
neek

neek
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 7:43 am 
treeswarper wrote:
They are calling or paying attention to my little beast and patting themselves or otherwise signaling her to jump up on them.
That clarifies immensely; thanks! I'm too lazy to own a dog, but enjoy taking others' out (if they're well-trained and people are sparse).
Obligatory...

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 10:05 am 
My super friendly everybody loves her thinking brain dog will not go on a walk with my neighbor, who she otherwise loves. It means leaving She Who Feeds Me, I guess.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Routes

Routes
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:52 am 
I generally really like meeting dogs on the trail, leashed or unleashed. I've only had one bad experience with a hopped up Jack Russell that was a little nippy. Bags of poop get me way more fired up than unleashed dogs.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 12:54 pm 
neek wrote:
Neek, you could have a lucrative side job as a pet portraitist. These two are gorgeous!! Especially love how the coloring of the dog blends with the trees.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostFri Jun 05, 2020 8:06 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Joseph wrote:
Excuse me, but why is it on the other hiker to bend over and greet your dog? Its your responsibility to control your dog so it doesn't jump up on me.
They are calling or paying attention to my little beast and patting themselves or otherwise signaling her to jump up on them. Most people are dog lovers. Most. Obviously not on this site. What am I supposed to do? Step on the person's toes? It happens whether my dog is leashed or not. People "tell" her to jump up on them. I've given up. It's something that didn't happen with my Lab. Labs are big enough that lazy people don't have to bend over. It has been with my small, Demon Dog that this occurs. Need more dog pictures please.
A big Doug fir.
A big Doug fir.
I love dogs too, believe it or not. But that doesn't always translate into wanting them in the wilderness. I've had some close calls and know some people who have been bitten - on the trail - by dogs off leash. Generally, if the dog seems friendly - like your lab does - I'm fine.

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri Jun 05, 2020 8:30 pm 
Nowadays, dogs should wear masks on the trail.