Forum Index > Trail Talk > REALLY Early Wildflowers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Mar 13, 2003 2:28 pm 
Larry wrote:
It's the kind of peaceful photograph that pulls you right into the scene. It would be a great large print, framed, and hung on your wall, preferably in an entryway...at least that is what I would do with it.
That's the direction I'm headed toward. I'll get my website back online first, then I plan to start offering prints (once I get the hardware). It's still a way off, but that's where I'm going.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 11:24 am 
One more update on flowers---I forgot to mention that much of this area south of Pasco (McNary NWR and Wallula Gap by Twin Sisters Rock) has huge areas covered with prairie star-flower all in bloom last Monday too. It was 79 degrees in Pasco yesterday, 74 in Kennewick, so I'm sure the plant life loved it greatly!

Larry

Larry
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 8:03 pm 
Alan Bauer wrote:
One more update on flowers---I forgot to mention that much of this area south of Pasco (McNary NWR and Wallula Gap by Twin Sisters Rock) has huge areas covered with prairie star-flower all in bloom last Monday too. It was 79 degrees in Pasco yesterday, 74 in Kennewick, so I'm sure the plant life loved it greatly!
An extremely Snappy looking composite flower! Lots of class to those flowers.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 3:06 pm 
biggrin.gif Spotted my first Trillium of the season on Squak Access Trail.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Larry

Larry
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 4:51 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
biggrin.gif Spotted my first Trillium of the season on Squak Access Trail.
Dammit MalCon! Good eye! Well, now you got me going. I'm going to try Bear Ridge tomorrow...might be a trillium down low. Ahhh....Trilliums! Wonderful!

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 11:28 pm 
Spent a long day roaming up and down canyons and ridges in the Swakane Canyon area / Swakane Wildlife Area north of Wenatchee today. While there are no where near as many flowers blooming yet as down low by the Columbia in the Hanford Reach area (i.e. much of today's hiking was 3000-4500' elevation) the landscape was still a bomb of sagebrush buttercups to give a golden carpet in places. Prairie star-flowers were blooming as well. Now...around home I'm seeing trilliums come up in our forest. And my tiger lilies and chocolate lilies are coming up too---it will be fun awaiting their arrival.

Larry

Larry
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 11:39 pm 
Thanks for the report, Alan! Always love to see your pix too! Hey...could you possibly get a little closer to the buttercup next time? ha.gif Excellent shot, as always. I'll be hunting trilliums tomorrow. Will be nice to see them coming up.

MounTAIN Woman

MounTAIN Woman
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 8:41 am 
Back on topic, I saw my first salmonberry blooms yesterday on West Tiger 3 trail! It doesn't get much more east side than that!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
JimK

JimK
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 1:46 pm 
Keep heading west. Three Trillium on Cougar Mountain Saturday.

Larry

Larry
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 4:07 pm 
JimK wrote:
Keep heading west. Three Trillium on Cougar Mountain Saturday.
Yeah, I saw a whole small pod of Trillium, set against a mossy log, on West Fork Tibbett's Creek...going back in a few hours with my old Yashica Mat 2 1/4 camera...got me some Velvia film that needs to be "burned"! Hahaha!

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 11:38 pm 
Didn't get to where I intended to make it to today...but got to Bear Canyon, Naches River, and Cleman Mountain today. Cleman Mountain via starting a huge hike up above Mud Lake was excellent and every low swale to get out of the cold wind revealed wildflowers working hard. There were thousands of herds of sagebrush buttercups, a smaller herd of sagebrush violets, decent size herds of praire star flowers, three species of lomatin, and MANY yellow bells. This region will be a bonanza of flowers from what I could tell from what is all coming up...a return in late April will be stunning! Speaking of herds...I stopped counting mule deer after finding my 42nd beast. Herds of 17, 14, and many groups of 2-3 were fully showing a strong migration push to get to the greening grassy areas that are showing up now!

Karen

Karen
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:56 pm 
Sad trilliums
I know these trilliums look sad but they were the first ones I saw on Tiger Mountain last Friday and it was raining. They are very brave to be the first to make an appearance (at least to me). Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Larry

Larry
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 10:33 pm 
Karen wrote:
I know these trilliums look sad but they were the first ones I saw on Tiger Mountain last Friday and it was raining. They are very brave to be the first to make an appearance (at least to me). Karen
They aren't sad! They are just hunkered down in the rain. Thank you, Karen, for sharing a touch of Spring. Those Bleeding Hearts leaves are beautiful too.

Karen

Karen
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 10:19 am 
Skunk Cabbage - Mercer Slough Nature Park
Sunday, March 23 .... if you like skunk cabbage this is a good place to see them. Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Mar 29, 2003 8:09 pm 
Cougar Mountain Shy Bear trail, Trilliums, Skunk Cabbage, Yellow Wood Violets and nice Pink Flowers on shrubs not Salmonberry.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn