Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hi-Laker Meeting
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 12:42 pm 
This Month's Hi-Laker meeting will feature a presentation by Mark Downen- the WDFW biologist for Skagit, Whatcom and N Snohomish counties- on the subjects of Bull Trout and the North Cascades National Park EIS. Meeting is on Wed. March 19th 2003 at the Mercerview Community Center on Mercer Island at 7:30 PM. The public is welcome and refreshments are provided.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pittsburg Joe

Pittsburg Joe
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 3:56 pm 
Hey David, so but Im otherwise occupied. Love to make it BUT! TB biggrin.gif embarassedlaugh.gif winksmile.gif dizzy.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Mar 20, 2003 8:18 pm 
If you have never been to one of these meetings you should try going to at least one even if you don't fish. There is a wealth of fishing knowledge there and the guest speakers are top notch. I caught the tail end of last nights meeting. Mark Downen has done some interesting research on fishery management in the N. Cascades. Free coffee and cookies too wink.gif and usually a good poem read to kick off the meeting.

salish

salish
PostThu Mar 20, 2003 9:06 pm 
Dave, it was a great presentation. I've caught a lot of dolly varden/bull trout in my life time, but I learned more last night than I ever thought I could know. Mark is a class guy and knows his stuff. Mark's levelheaded approach to the NCNP issue was particularly interesting to me. Hopefully, I'll be doing some snorkel surveys myself this summer and if I could see just a tiny fraction of what Mark showed in his slideshow I will be one happy guy. Polarbear - where were you sitting last night? I was in the last row, right hand side of the room, with DJH last night. Were you the guy to my right????? I don't know what you look like. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostThu Mar 20, 2003 9:23 pm 
Salish, I wandered in at about the last half hour. I think I was in the 2nd to the last row on the left wearing glasses. I was reall impressed with the fish knowledge--as the saying goes, "You will forget more than I will ever know."

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
salish

salish
PostFri Mar 21, 2003 8:21 am 
Well, sorry I missed you; it would have been nice to meet you. Don't be a stranger. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.