Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am 
part of being a good team is being able to cover for injuries and absences. depth and contingency plans. injuries is part of the game. blaming a loss on injury is a cop out. and lane no less? win or lose should not be dependent on your #3 corner's presence! If you can't cover for the loss of your #3 corner, you are not the best defense in the league.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:34 am 
I agree injuries should not be an excuse but.... Chancellor was basically playing on one leg. Thomas was playing with a busted shoulder Sherman was playing with one arm. Lane lost early. We won't even go into the previous injuries. Of course all teams have them. It's not an excuse just the facts. You lose or have so many of your starting players hobbled, you aren't going to be as good. There is a reason they are called backups. Chancellor and Thomas were not themselves, they were still better than most safety's in the league. They still didn't mess with Sherman much.. Despite it all they should have won the game and came withing a play of doing so. All in all I'd say that's not bad. Just not quite enough on this particular day.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 am 
Daryl wrote:
blaming a loss on injury is a cop out
Observing an obvious fact is not blaming. Anybody who watched the SB and failed to see that Brady's 4Q success was largely the result of Simon's failure to cover hasn't played much football. Belichick and Brady were smart to exploit that weakness. Not blaming anyone here. Just stating the facts.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 am 
BigSteve wrote:
Daryl wrote:
blaming a loss on injury is a cop out
Observing an obvious fact is not blaming
The fact that the defense can't compensate for the loss of the #3 corner is kind of sad. I'm sure the NFC champ game would have been different if Rodgers was 100% too. You win some you lose some.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 am 
Pete Rozelle's cliche still applies on that given Sunday the Hawks did not prevail, over analyzing while fun does not really accomplish much.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:46 am 
Daryl wrote:
The fact that the defense can't compensate for the loss of the #3 corner is kind of sad.
It's the NFL salary cap at work. Salary cap results in every team lacking depth at some positions. NFL is not MLB. NFL salary cap works by spreading the wealth in a very anti-capitalistic way. Parity is the biggest reason the NFL has surpassed MLB as the nation's most popular spectator sport.

touron

touron
PostSun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 am 
The game is over, at least for most, and for those remaining the question is now...who will be The Last Man?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostSun Feb 15, 2015 11:53 am 
BigSteve wrote:
Parity is the biggest reason the NFL has surpassed MLB as the nation's most popular spectator sport.
Actually, MLB has more parity: http://espn.go.com/blog/jayson-stark/post/_/id/1075/think-nfl-has-greater-parity-than-mlb-well-think-again The greater popularity of NFL probably has more to do with it being a better fit to our current national character:

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSun Feb 15, 2015 2:13 pm 
touron wrote:
The game is over, at least for most, and for those remaining the question is now...
How many decades will it take to return from infamy? If we had just gone Beast Mode in those last plays we would be legend and famous but instead we are infamous. Pox on us.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
touron

touron
PostSun Feb 15, 2015 3:53 pm 
The pox will only live until the umpire yells, "Play ball!"

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
icedog

icedog
PostFri Mar 06, 2015 3:40 pm 
Breaking news- Marshawn re-signed! Have to add that when I first read it, I thought it said resigns, which caused my stomach to drop! A recent fall left me w/fractured clavicle and a head injury, so not sure if that was a grammatical error or my mixed up head......... dizzy.gif

ICEDOG
JimK

JimK
PostTue Mar 10, 2015 1:13 pm 
Jimmy Graham a Seahawk. Bye bye Max Unger.

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Mar 10, 2015 2:29 pm 
JimK wrote:
Jimmy Graham a Seahawk. Bye bye Max Unger.
Well he is by far the best receiver they have on the roster now. TE in name only really. Don't know he is much of a blocker but... He is that BIG target receiver they need. Will be interesting. Giving up another 1st rounder. Hopefully this won't be another Harvin mistake. I suspect Unger was expendable due to injury concerns/injury prone of late. Not getting any younger either. While still good his play has fallen off, perhaps due to injury but...

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 pm 
Schedule announced. A record 5 prime time games. Two home three away. Green Bay away in Week 2. Might be going to that game.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostTue Apr 21, 2015 6:36 pm 
Darn, they had to play on Thursday in Santa Clara last year too. mad.gif