Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Nov 18, 2020 8:41 am 
Nuke it from orbit. Fire Pete. Bring in Harabaugh and sign Kaepernick to compete w/Russ. It's the only way to be sure.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm 
FiveNines wrote:
Nuke it from orbit. Fire Pete. Bring in Harabaugh and sign Kaepernick to compete w/Russ. It's the only way to be sure.
That's a horrible idea, especially the last part! But I still think Norton should be replaced, if for no other reason than a fresh start. I suppose they will wait until the end of the season though.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Nov 18, 2020 5:09 pm 
Yeah, Norton needs to go. Only a matter of time. I think Russ is just trying to do too much. He is too good not to make the appropriate adjustments, no worries there. The Buffalo game was not really his fault. He was lucky to get out alive. Not looking forward to Thursday. I hate these games. Have always been snakebit with injuries on Thursday night as well as against Arizona.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 12:44 pm 
Pete designed the defense, not Norton. Pete and John get the talent, or should I say don’t get the talent. Norton has zero talent on the D line to work with, linebackers who are too old or too new, and D backs who are out injured, or playing hurt. No coach in history could stop anyone with what the team has right now. Get Griffen and Dunbar back, 100% healthy, keep Adams healthy, and hope the news guys on the D line can help. Nothing to do with Norton at all.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 1:00 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Nothing to do with Norton at all.
Are you sure about that? If he didn't "design the defense" then what DOES he do? I am assuming that he calls the plays? It's like when people said the offensive play calling wasn't Bevel's fault, yet coincidentally or not, the offense has been much better since his departure, imo of course. I too, thought it had nothing to do with Norton, however watching some of the defensive play calling has changed my mind. You say that "Norton has nothing to do with it"...well, it's his JOB to have something to do with it and really you have no way of actually knowing whether it's his fault or not. However, if he is replaced and the defense improves, then one could make the argument that it WAS his fault, or at the least and more likely, that he IS part of the problem. If the key players return and they still suck, then who do you blame? I agree with Tom, that he is definitely on his way out.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm 
Pete’s pedigree comes from the defensive side. He is a defensive coach in his bones. Hiring a new offensive coordinator can make a big difference. Not so much with the D, it’s Pete’s defense. Your argument seems to be that Norton should be fired because you don’t know what his job is exactly.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 pm 
Not necessarily. When a teams defense is setting record for futility, someone on the coaching staff should be held accountable, if not Pete then it's Norton. A new coordinator would bring new ideas, different schemes, and maybe a better motivator...we need a guy like Ray Lewis. If as you say, it's "Pete's Defense", then WTF are we paying Norton for? In my book, he doesn't get a pass nor does he deserve one....imo of course. Btw, from what I have read, you are in the minority as to Norton keeping his job.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm 
No coaching problems here. Pete's defense is awesome! Content starts at 0:20.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm 
Seahawks! banana.gif party.gif cheers.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 pm 
Such a perfect game! Hopefully this will give them some momentum going forward, an the schedule get a bit easier. Getting healthy and on a roll going toward the seasons end is the way to go. Hyde was pretty awesome today, although not sure how much of that was on the Cards D...they were blitzing a lot and giving up long runs. I wonder how serious Olsen's injury is?

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 pm 
Not quite as high blood pressure relatively normal game many mistakes by both sides. Don’t see that many safety’s on penalties.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 4:01 am 
Fun fact: the teams the Seahawks play from here on out have the lowest current winning percentages of any teams’ opponents. The so-called “easiest schedule”. In descending order of toughness: Rams Niners Eagles Giants Football Franchise Jets

reststep

reststep
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 9:37 am 
So if the Seahawks, Rams and Cardinals all end up with the same record how is the division winner decided?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 9:45 am 
It is decided by the record against teams in your own division, and if that is also the same, they consider other factors. https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers Question...Is it just me but it appears that Russ has lost a step and/or he is hesitant to scramble and run as quickly as he used to?

asdf

asdf
PostFri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 am 
I'm not surprised Russ was playing it conservatively last night after his performance last week. But bear in mind the guy's 31. No QB that age is gonna go out and take hits to pick up a few yards like when they were 25. Also I am sure he has slowed down too. Normal.
Quote:
So if the Seahawks, Rams and Cardinals all end up with the same record how is the division winner decided?
reststep, the tie breakers are: head to head record, record for division games, W-L percentage in common games, W-L percentage within the conference, and then it gets more and more obscure from there.