Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 07, 2016 10:22 pm 
Superman just ate a big bowl of kryptonite, he can't be feeling well. Two years ago, Denver's offense set the record for most points, but were crushed in the Super Bowl by the number one defense. Pass rush, and good secondary, that was the key. So, in two years, Denver completely remade themselves into a monster defense, pass rush and great secondary, at the expense of offense. Now, in perfect poetic justice seen so often in the NFL, they just faced the number one offense, and crushed them. I love the NFL, anything can happen.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSun Feb 07, 2016 10:22 pm 
watching Cam pull up and not engage in the scrum for that fumble was hard to see. Russell would have risked life and limb trying to get that ball back in that situation...down 6 with 4 minutes to go in the super bowl. Wow. I have no love for the Broncos, they acted like punks, that facemask "tackle" by Talib was chicken sh##. It was a pretty lousy game from an unaffiliated fan's perspective. BTW- I missed every single second of the halftime show.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 07, 2016 10:26 pm 
He saw the ball squirting away, took a step towards it, but the Denver player got his left hand on it, stopping it, so Cam stopped and was left standing right above the ball.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostSun Feb 07, 2016 11:54 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
that facemask "tackle" by Talib was chicken sh##.
Talib is at or near the top of the list of dirtiest and most idiotic players in the league. He should be banned from playing, either by the league or by teams refusing to employ him.

gb

gb
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
How about comparing Russel in his Superbowl loss to Cam. Russell is a professional and Ole Cam hides behind a hoody and walks out on reporters soon after questions start!
Newton 18 out of 41. Wilson faced a monstrous rush all season and had pretty good statistics.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 am 
As of right now, I see a lot of similarities between Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick: both have reached and lost a Super Bowl, both can run, and both have canon arms but refuse to take pace off the ball to make it more catchable (in certain situations). I think Cam's better than Kaepernick, but I could also see him regress to what Kaepernick is right now. Hopefully, both can improve, with their play and behavior after a loss, because it would be a shame (for football fans) if they didn't.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
but I could also see him regress
After this, I would expect there to be a lot less regular season celebrating for something as mundane as a first down. After tasting the disappointment of a playoff/super bowl loss my guess is that there will be no superman satisfaction in the simple feat of scoring a TD in a regular season game. Those little victories are pretty empty right about now. He's going to have to save the dabbing for the next time he hits the big stage...if he ever does again. Denver got right into their heads by mimicking the antics of the Panthers - and the Panthers did not respond well to having the opponent gloat in their faces like they do to others. We'll see if that lesson got learned. You don't celebrate like you conquered the world...until you do. P.S. "Beyonce, Like David Bowie, Once Told Chris Martin a Coldplay Song Was Awful" ...only one?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 1:10 pm 
Fairly boring Super Bowl. Both defenses dominated the offenses. Nice to see Manning get another ring, but they won despite him, not because of him. Newton got shut down fairly much as well. Denver's defense was awesome. Scored one touchdown and set up most of the other scoring with take aways and good field position. Kinda dumb that post game they kept trying to get Manning to say he was retiring. He clearly wasn't going to announce that last night. Didn't have to ask him the same question twice.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 1:35 pm 
To all the people who thought Cam was not immature, just exuberant: neener neener, you were completely wrong. tongue.gif In the biggest game of his career, he had one of his worst games, then couldn't handle it. Funny how the same person who said criticizing Russel Wilson and his girlfriend over nothing wasn't racism also said that legitimate and true criticism of Cam was likely racism. huh.gif

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 pm 
Fun super bowl. I enjoy defensive battles and really enjoyed watching Von and the boys (and the Carolina defense for that matter) do their thing. Defense wins championships and I wonder if this performance might edge John and Pete towards a more defensive minded strategy in the off season. Keeping Rubin and Mebane and Lane as priorities and beefing up the pass rush might be wise. Carolina likely will be our stiffest competition again next year for the NFC. I really was hoping I was wrong about Cam being an arrogant sore loser, but he proved me right and gave all his detractors and haters plenty of fuel for the offseason. I think he will need to put Baby on the back of that shirt he wears with the S on it.... Finally, Goodbye to Marshawn. He will be missed. What an amazing athlete to watch as a Hawks fan these last years!

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm 
Different strokes for different folks. Some people enjoy defensive battles regardless of what sport it is. I like to see some scoring. It has been coming back to me slowly that Cam got quite a bit of criticism his first several years in the NFL. Seems like he was a bad teammate that threw others under the bus and was also kind of surly with the media. Seems like that Cam never really went away, just been hiding.

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 7:50 pm 
Slugman wrote:
He saw the ball squirting away, took a step towards it, but the Denver player got his left hand on it, stopping it, so Cam stopped and was left standing right above the ball.
Great point. If you've ever played the game, you'll know that it moves very fast Easy to second guess watching a slow motion replay but it would have been hard to go for the ball when it was right beneath him. He ended up diving for it a split second later and even tried to keep a defender from getting it as it was rolling toward the end zone. No one is mentioning that effort and it was during the same play! I've been a Bronco fan since Elway joined the team in 1983. I was nervous about the Panthers after watching them demolish the Seahawks and the Cards. Glad to see the defense rise to the occasion as they have many times this season. Broncos bring home a 3rd Superbowl!!! GO BRONCOS!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 pm 
Russell Wilson is such a class act. I feel blessed to have him lead our time and not somebody else. Check this out. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/russell-wilson-peyton-manning-superbowl/

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 8:52 pm 
We are also blessed to have an owner as wonderful as Mr. Allen. Thank God we have him and not some of the others..... From Mr. Allen. Tweet Of The Day Today's "Tweet of the Day" comes from Seahawks owner Paul Allen, who thanks running back Marshawn Lynch for his great career in Seattle. In a tweet posted during Super Bowl 50, Lynch indicated that he is retiring from football.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostMon Feb 08, 2016 10:47 pm 
Trailhead wrote:
I've been a Bronco fan since Elway joined the team in 1983.
I was thinking about blocking you after this statement. But since this is a hiking forum, I will forgive and forget, wink.gif