Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostSat Dec 24, 2016 3:53 pm 
Nobody home. Either the offensive line is high school talent or the coaching sucks. Which is it?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Dec 24, 2016 4:02 pm 
Tough game. Kam injured. Then Locket goes down. Hopefully not career limiting. Felt sick to my stomach after watching that. Devastating. Everyone has figured out the way to beat the Hawks is to exploit the O line weakness. We haven't adapted. In that regard I'd put this one on the coaching.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Dec 24, 2016 5:51 pm 
Ugh, what a choke after coming back. Missed the extra point then played too soft on defense.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Dec 24, 2016 5:53 pm 
Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We need a clutch kicker mad.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Dec 24, 2016 11:59 pm 
Might be best to skip the first half of games from now on...I feel bad for Hauschka, he has been pretty reliable, but is in the middle of a slump, happens to most athletes at one time or another. Hope he works it out, might be just a confidence issue and not physical. I agree that Lockette's injury is the main focus and hopefully he can recover completely. I don't see the 'hawks going far in the playoffs, given their inconsistent and slow starting play, mainly on offense. Yet, anything can happen, that's why they play the games. On a positive note: The O line seemed to make an adjustment at half time, and provided good pass protection, but the running game was virtually non existent.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Dec 26, 2016 10:21 am 
That kick was meaningless! Our defense is hurt, getting old and frankly I dont think they are as "Hungry" as they once were. So many injuries. We'll be lucky to win playoff game one at home. Looks like a New England Dallas superbowl.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Dec 28, 2016 9:49 am 
gb wrote:
Either the offensive line is high school talent or the coaching sucks.
The former, mostly. As I've been saying on this thread for the past 3 years, RW and the defensive stars suck so much of the salary cap there's next to nothing left for the O line. With NFL OL lines you get what you pay for. The best playoff teams almost always have the best O lines. Lots of Super Bowls have been won with mediocre QBs behind excellent O lines. Every elite NFL O lineman has the natural gift of freakishly quick feet (e.g. Walter Jones), and nobody can coach that. Putting O line at the bottom of the salary cap priority ladder is a management problem, not a coaching problem. ETA: Saturday's loss is proof of the importance of Earl Thomas to Seahawks success.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Dec 28, 2016 12:52 pm 
I agree Steve, Dallas' stellar O' line is making superstars out of a rookie QB and RB....not saying one needs an O line that good be successful, but the Hawks line simply sucks. Plus I agree that the defense is getting worn out and the injuries don't help. At this point, one playoff win at home is about the most one can hope for out of this team. Teams need balance and games are won at the point of attack. Wilson can create and make a broken play work, but as we have seen, the crappy blocking has caught up to him this year. Hopefully they will use nearly all next years draft pics on the O line, although they won't be high round pics after all so..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 pm 
looks like we will have the #3 seed. i hope green bay beats detroit so the lions have to come to the clink in the wild card round. go hawks!

Eric Eames
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 am 
1715 saturday. Detroit vs. Seattle in Seattle. Can we win, sure. Will we? Not the way we played the last three games. Detroit is better and more hungry and the last three opponents. Good luck.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
half fast

half fast
PostMon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Can we win, sure. Will we?
It was pretty sad to watch us make the 49rs look good... frown.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 02, 2017 12:46 pm 
half fast wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Can we win, sure. Will we?
It was pretty sad to watch us make the 49rs look good... frown.gif
For sure, but they weren't playing to win in the second half as the game really didn't mean a lot as far as playoff seedings go. Sure glad they pulled it out though, Boykins sure looked good on that final drive. I sure hope Pete wakes up and realizes we should maybe find a different placekicker...or maybe he's just in a slump and will pull out of it?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Jan 03, 2017 6:50 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I sure hope Pete wakes up and realizes we should maybe find a different placekicker...or maybe he's just in a slump and will pull out of it?
It's all my fault and I feel terrible. Hauschka was one of the best in the biz before this year. He was Mr. Reliable, it seemed like he always came through and a miss from anything other than long yardage was pretty much unheard of, and even those were rare. Seemed like whenever we needed a field goal, he was right on the money. I liked him so much I got the idea that it would be cool to have a #4 jersey with the name "Money" on it. Would be something different from all the other popular player jerseys you see and with Hauschka literally having won games for us and always been reliable it seemed like a great idea. So, my friends being the excellent people they are, got me a "Money" #4 jersey for my birthday. Ever since then he's been in a slump. I jinxed him. I'm awfully, awfully sorry... I hope he gets back on track, and quick-like. It would suck to have to burn the jersey my friends gave me just to restore him to his former glory.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 03, 2017 7:34 pm 
I know what you mean Wil...I jinxed the greatest relief pitcher in the history of baseball in the 2001 World Series between the Yankees and D'backs. Mariano Rivera was pitching for the Yanks and needed to get only 3 outs to win the game, which was the 7th game in the bottom of the ninth. I commented to a friend who I was watching the game with, "This game is over, Rivera is the greatest relief pitcher in the history of baseball". The rest is history.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm 
Hawks beat the Lions! Now were off to Atlanta. Good luck.