Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 06, 2017 12:50 pm 
gb wrote:
The inability of Atlanta to get any kind of rush and pressure on Brady late in the game made it like shooting ducks on a pond. Russell would have had no trouble doing the same thing with the complete lack of pressure. On the other side, Ryan was always backstepping and sidestepping as he was throwing or getting sacked. It goes to show the line play wins or loses the game as we all know in Seattle.
True, we've seen it time and time again, if an elite QB has all day to throw, the defense has very little chance.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 08, 2017 9:42 am 
If all NFL teams stripped their rosters of felons, child beaters, wife beaters and thugs. . . .

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
If all NFL teams stripped their rosters of felons, child beaters, wife beaters and thugs. . . .
The NFL is a normal business. I wonder what would happen if all business never hired felons? Second chance for felons? Maybe more homeless? Isn't there some type of law that says if you are convicted of one crime, that can't hold that against your application for employment unless it is a bonafide correlation. Like if you robbed a bank, you really can't apply for a bank teller job, but you could apply for a bricklayer position?

Art is an adventure.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 pm 
I just watch the games, I don't concern myself with the criminal histories (or not) of the various players. Imho, that is news, I am not watching news, I am watching sports. In a way, like the separation of Church and State. Some athletes such as Ray Lewis, are violent people by nature and many times that spills over into their personal lives. Not condoning it for sure, just doesn't change what happens on the field, as I am only concerned with their performance there. Yet as always, obviously ymmv.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
If Seahawks sign that piece of sh## Peterson, I'm no longer a fan. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791227/article/raiders-seahawks-atop-adrian-petersons-wish-list
I dont know the exact details, but as I understand it he disciplined his child like my dad me. With the occasional switch! It seems to me the entire thing was overblown!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 08, 2017 11:02 pm 
Sounds like he didn't know he was the biological father. Can think of worse characters in professional sports. He didn't necessarily have strong role models growing up. He witnessed his older brother being killed by a drunk driver when he was 7 and 5 years later his father went to prison for trafficking drugs. Not that it excuses him not being a role model for the league but what would you expect?

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Mar 09, 2017 1:54 pm 
The ability to push someone out of the way for 0.2 seconds or throw a ball does not make one a role model for a reasonable person. Maybe a great football player.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Mar 09, 2017 2:12 pm 
One thing about AP. He has battled back from a lot of adversity, particularly injuries. So a role model in that respect even if he is severely lacking in parenting skills.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm 
People who are in the entertainment business many times do and say things that many don't agree with. Like for instance Maryl Steep's political views are the polar opposite of mine, yet I won't refuse to watch a movie that she's in....close though. I watch sports for entertainment, not to seek a role model or a model citizen.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostThu Mar 09, 2017 5:12 pm 
I'm just glad the Seahawks don't have any players like Burfict or Talib. I really miss Marshawn, so I voted for him for President. (Oops, sorry!)

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 am 
5.5 million for Eddie Lacy? I think they had more pressing needs.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 pm 
I heard 3 mil was guaranteed; the signings of Joeckal and Lacy have been pretty underwhelming. Too bad they didn`t make the Lang deal sweeter...

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 15, 2017 7:58 am 
Seahawks bargain basement OL experiment continues

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 15, 2017 5:57 pm 
Tom wrote:
5.5 million for Eddie Lacy? I think they had more pressing needs.
up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 15, 2017 5:57 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Seahawks bargain basement OL experiment continues
up.gif