Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 am 
How about a new kicker? Can we all agree its time to start shopping for a new kicker? Well everyone but DIYsteve. He never agrees with anyone. lol.gif

none
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 am 
My snap reaction is to say yes, they need a new kicker. Having said that, he was fine in this last game. That final kick, which came up just a bit short, was on par with the other kicks on Monday: I think only one kick-off managed to clear the field for a touch-back, with most barely reaching the end zone. The atmospheric conditions must have been pretty tough that day.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 am 
Agree Galiwalker.... I thought this was interesting: https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1100908099931

tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
So who was the 'genius' who decided it was a good idea to try a fake field goal with 4 seconds left in the half? Answer: the guy who will likely <should> be sent packing at seasons end. Plus Carroll continues to show poor judgement in when to throw the challenge flag. Pete is a great motivator and judge of talent, but as a Field General he is severely lacking imo.
Pete. So they should fire him? You can bet he made that call or certainly bought into it. It was like the falcons knew the play and left their regular defensive lineman in. When they saw that they should have just kicked. Maybe freeney was the spy. He played for Atlanta. Lol.

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 5:58 pm 
Regular lineman? I believe they said the Falcons were rotating in up to 11 defensive lineman. It doesn't surprise me that Pete made the call for the fake FG. He's been known to make some pretty stupid calls - but only stupid because the plays didn't work. Walsh was put in a very tough position trying to win the game with a @54 yard kick. Seahawk fans want to get rid of him but who's available as a replacement?

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 pm 
For starters... Dan Carpeter, who has a big leg and can kick in foul weather, is available. Lots of other lesser options. The Blair Walsh Project is just a hair above 75% on the season.

Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostThu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 am 
I would not say he was fine. He was 50% on 3pt FGs. Kickers hit 54 yarders all the time. I dont know about atmospheric pressure but we have to stop making excuses for this guy. Give us a chance to tie it up. Even one made in the Redskins game would have tied the game. My prediction is that this will continue. Almost anyone would be a better choice.

none
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm 
yes! good win and staying in the playoff hunt up.gif

Eric Eames
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 11:24 pm 
Yes great win. Love Jimmy right now

none
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am 
Stefan wrote:
Wilson is too small. He needs to release the ball faster. But he is cautious because he can't see as good. On the other hand his cautiousness does not turn into turnovers which is a good thing. Watch how many times Jimmy Graham is open. Then you will see, that Wilson can't see over the line. If I was Jimmy Graham...I would leave the Seahawks.
I will have to say, my opinion for Jimmy Graham has changed. Not my opinion for Wilson. I will give him credit for playing great home backyard football.

Art is an adventure.
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 am 
Stefan: Wow....you are still ho hum on Russell? To my mind the entire franchise changed in 2012 when he arrived. He ain`t perfect but who is. He is a role model, (think a certain smug one in Carolina), HARD worker, upbeat and positive no matter what, unflappable, clutch, dual threat, durable (unlike another star QB in GB), athletic, an arm like a cannon and a houdini to boot. In my mind, Seattle will be a contender and at least relevant until he retires. Who would you rather have as QB?

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 am 
It was a relief to see yesterday's game: finally, some (mostly) mistake-free football. They're going to need it for the remainder of the regular season, if they want to progress.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 pm 
I'm not sold on Jimmy. Think we'd be fine without him. Wilson is having an MVP year. We'd be competing for draft picks without him.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
Bobby is a beast!

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 pm 
cascadetraverser wrote:
Stefan: Wow....you are still ho hum on Russell? To my mind the entire franchise changed in 2012 when he arrived. He ain`t perfect but who is. He is a role model, (think a certain smug one in Carolina), HARD worker, upbeat and positive no matter what, unflappable, clutch, dual threat, durable (unlike another star QB in GB), athletic, an arm like a cannon and a houdini to boot. In my mind, Seattle will be a contender and at least relevant until he retires. Who would you rather have as QB?
The press calling RW a "one man band" ( I'm not sure RW or even Pete Carroll proclaim that ) but it will, eventually, if not already, divide a locker room. Yesterday before the game, and I'm not sure who did the editing, because I can't believe RW really was involved in this montage and if he was, it's complete bullsh##. But there was a segment where the commentators we're talking about RW as a one man band and it's shows him on a stage playing several different instruments all at the same time and RW is all of the band members. This would piss me off if I were a teammate

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want