Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Hawks seemed to miss Doug Baldwin last night
The entire receiving corps, with the exception of Lockett, was MIA. I don't know if that was on the receivers or on the Vikings' defense. Anyway, it wasn't a super fun game to watch, even though the result was great.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm 
Chief: I agree that I like this team better than the last few years because they are positive, hungry, determined and fight hard. They don’t seem to be mired in the negativity that didn’t seem to want to go away after the Super Bowl loss and all the drama that that brought...this team reminds me of the 2012 squad and it’s fun again!

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
The thing I like the best about this team is that on 3rd or 4th down in short yardage situations, it is highly likely that they can run for a first down. . . .
Yeah, that starts with Pete's savvy OL bargain hunting: Decent run blockers are cheaper than good pass blockers. Brian Schottenheimer works with what he has: Decent run blockers and a very athletic quarterback, thus the play action offense. Expect to see RW doing more keeps on option plays in the playoffs.
GaliWalker wrote:
Anyway, it wasn't a super fun game to watch. . . .
I enjoy watching two defenses on top of their game. So far, I'm impressed with Tre Flowers, who is looking pretty damn good for a 5th round rookie.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
I enjoy watching two defenses on top of their game.
Here was my issue with the broadcast: watching the Seahawks defense harassing Kirk Cousins was definitely fun, but the Vikings defense getting to Wilson was apparently more of a reflection of no receiver being open. It wasn't as if they were getting to Wilson immediately. Unfortunately, except for on one or two occasions I can't remember them showing the Vikings' coverage; if they had shown that part more I'd have enjoyed the game more too.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
the Vikings defense getting to Wilson was apparently more of a reflection of no receiver being open
Covering receivers is good defense

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm 
Of course, but that's my point: the broadcast didn't show it, or showed very little of it. I said it was a boring game to watch...on TV.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 1:36 pm 
Gotcha. Yeah, it's hard to see overall DB coverage on TV. A few times a game they show a sky camera high pan, something they should do more often. Likewise, I'd like to see more replays showing blocking schemes (e.g., traps, kickout blocks, curl blocks) but I get that most football fans are more interested in pretty boy QBs and WRs.

JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 3:36 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
more interested in pretty boy QBs and WRs.
Very true. We like our divas. Unless of course the cameras were on Optimus Prime-adonna!

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostMon Dec 24, 2018 10:27 pm 
Great game last night, I was so glad to be there losing my voice. Baldwin showed his importance, Carson ran tough and the defense stepped up to stall one of the best offences in the league. Go hawks

Eric Eames
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostMon Dec 24, 2018 11:45 pm 
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Dec 25, 2018 10:07 am 
R3H, it’s really feels like you have a special duty when you go to a home Seahawks game to yell as loud as possible....It’s fun too! What a game! The D was just good enough and Russ and the offense outdueled Mahomes and the heralded Chiefs offense... Funny, haven’t heard much from the Russell Wilson naysayers of late??? I guess I will have to wait till he has a bad game🤨😜

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostTue Dec 25, 2018 10:23 am 
cascadetraverser wrote:
Funny, haven’t heard much from the Russell Wilson naysayers of late???
Well, as I have been saying for a couple years, RW is a very fine QB, but the salary cap suck effect is obvious every game. Compare Aaron Rodger's salary cap suck effect on the Packers.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Dec 25, 2018 10:47 am 
Steve: You got a point for sure...I was poking those who don’t think he is good (which I heartily disagree). The whole QB salary suck is for real. Trying your luck on a promising rookie every 3 years is a tough alternative, though. Can the Seahawks overcome that lack of $$$ to spread around in hiring veteran talented skill players by coaching up the newbies and win another championship ?? The next month (and next year) will tell...Winning the super bowl or bust is probably overrated anyway. Watching a team competing, working together with a lot of heart is loads of fun in my book...

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Dec 27, 2018 8:59 am 
cascadetraverser wrote:
Can the Seahawks overcome that lack of $$$ to spread around in hiring veteran talented skill players by coaching up the newbies and win another championship ??
Likely not this season. Hawks won their Super Bowl with outstanding inexpensive young defensive talent and RW at a bargain price, before he could demand a huge salary. Some superstars, e.g., Tom Brady, take a haircut on their salaries to allow more SC room, but that's the exception because hypercompetitive guys like RW keep score in $$$$$. Widespread of use of sabermetrics has pretty much eliminated the possibility of getting a veteran player for a bargain price (except for rolling the dice after a major injury).

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 pm 
Steve knows very little about football and does not tell the truth. He hates Wilson and has even attacked his relationship. Tom Brady allowed a few lousy million to be deferred, at a time when he had already made well over a hundred million. BFD. It was done to protect Brady from losing money on his suspension, making his salary mostly signing bonus with small game checks. Wilson got a deal that seemed large as all the latest deals always do, but it was his first real payday, and has since been massively eclipsed by deals for inferior players. Calling Wilson greedy is false and malicious, and probably motivated by racism. As fas as Steve claiming that Wilson is hyper competitive about his salary, Steve is showing he is the world`s worst psychic. Wilson makes about $22 million per year. That is the 11th most in the league among QBs. If anyone thinks that if he made $15 million that this would make a big difference in the overall talent level of the team, then they are sadly ignorant of all relevant facts. And where could you get someone for that, other than the draft? And why should Wilson play for half of what inferior players make? Wilson has never missed a game, or even a practice, never held out, never been in trouble, all he does is put up all-time NFL great stats while contributing to team success in every way he can. His QB rating for games in Dec and Jan? The single best in NFL history. He had the most touchdown passes in the NFL last year, even though he had an awful offensive line most of the year. Oh, and while leading the league in touchdown passes, he also lead his team in rushing yards. There goes the lie that Wilson merely rides on the back of the running game. Another lie often tossed out by Wilson's haters is that the defense wins all the games. Right, the defense that allowed four long touchdown drives in the Super Bowl against the Patriots was so good, anyone could have won that game. Yeah, Wilson should have been able to roll out of bed and overcome 28 lousy points! That incompetent Wilson just sat on the bench while the lead he had helped the team acquire with 6 minutes left in the game was taken away by another long Patriots touchdown drive. Why didn't Wilson go in on defense and strip sack Brady and just run the ball in? Loser. Hahahaha!