Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
trestle

trestle
PostSat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 pm 
I think it's worth recalling just how many qb's we've had that have actually won meaningful playoff games. 3 (with due respect to Jon Kitna and Tavaris Jackson). In 42 years. I, for one, remember all too well, the days of Kelly Stouffer, Rick Mirer, and the scrub from Green Bay that we overpaid on the free agent market. And let's not forget Touchdown Jesus, aka Charlie Whitehurst. No thanks. I'll take RW at $30+ mill any day. RW wins. The next guy or guys may not. For years to come.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Sep 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
I think this was some of the best quarterback play from the pocket from Russell Wilson I've seen. Getting the ball out quickly...stepping up in the pocket rather than trying to run out of it...finally!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 pm 
The Seahawks at times looked like they were trying to give the game away with penalties and turnovers, but their overall talent came through. The defensive line should improve with several good players due back from injury. Now they need to trade for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 am 
Slugman wrote:
The Seahawks at times looked like they were trying to give the game away with penalties and turnovers, but their overall talent came through. The defensive line should improve with several good players due back from injury. Now they need to trade for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Good points Sluggo. I was bothered by all the missed tackles on defense.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 4:17 pm 
GaliWalker wrote:
the best quarterback play from the pocket from Russell Wilson I've seen. Getting the ball out quickly...
From the 3rd longest average time-to-throw mark of 3.02sec in 2018, Russell Wilson's 1.89sec average yesterday was the lowest for all quarterbacks since 2016. Also, prior to the game I'd seen a 'heat chart' for Wilson, which showed that he rarely throws to the short middle of the field. That was hardly the case yesterday. I'm beginning to feel good about this season.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 5:21 pm 
Well, no Drew Brees on Sunday. That's gotta be good for us.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 5:26 pm 
Yes, it's good to see Russell getting rid of the ball quicker. I'm guessing that's an adjustment they are making offensively although you can pretty much predict he's going to be running up the middle late in the game. It's nice to be 2-0 but quality of opponent hasn't been that great and same old story with the offensive line.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 5:47 pm 
Well sure he got rid of the ball quicker, out of necessity, after being sacked 3 times in the first half. I agree Tom that the O line is the same old same ol...too many penalties and poor pass protection. But as long as they block well enough to run the ball efficiently, limit penalties, I expect a year similar to last, which wasn't bad considering. I would, in spite of the injury risk, like to see Wilson run the ball himself more.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 5:57 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Well sure he got rid of the ball quicker, out of necessity, after being sacked 3 times in the first half.
The thing is, I don't remember him being able to do that last year, when he was the 3rd most sacked quarterback. They kept saying the same things - "we need to get the ball out quicker" - but it never actually seemed to happen. And obviously, never at a 1.89sec average time-to-throw rate. It's only one game, but I'm so hoping that Wilson has taken that next step which will put him in the very top tier of QBs.
Quote:
I agree Tom that the O line is the same old same ol...too many penalties and poor pass protection. But as long as they block well enough to run the ball efficiently ...
I think they're much better at run-blocking, less so at pass protection. frown.gif

Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 10:56 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
GaliWalker wrote:
the best quarterback play from the pocket from Russell Wilson I've seen. Getting the ball out quickly...
From the 3rd longest average time-to-throw mark of 3.02sec in 2018, Russell Wilson's 1.89sec average yesterday was the lowest for all quarterbacks since 2016. Also, prior to the game I'd seen a 'heat chart' for Wilson, which showed that he rarely throws to the short middle of the field. That was hardly the case yesterday. I'm beginning to feel good about this season.
Russell Wilson = small It was a fluke for his 1.89 seconds. IMO, he will go back to the way he was before. Only upside to holding the ball a little longer is that he makes less interceptions IMO....but then he scrambles it.

Art is an adventure.
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostFri Oct 04, 2019 1:11 pm 
That was a gem of a game last night. Russell Wilson and Chris Carson were amazing. The Clink was in full throated loudness...This team ain’t perfect but a lot of fun to watch.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Oct 04, 2019 7:26 pm 
Russell is worth EVERY PENNY! Lets all pay attention here. Someday we will be without Russell. Lets ALL savor these days with Russell. There will more than likely never be another like him in Seattle! If you paid attention to the post game last night, Russell was interviewed and he was asked why he was crying. He said that the game was in Paul Allens honor, and that he simply felt so lucky/fortunate for Mr. Allens ownership/leadership that gave him the chance to play in the NFL! The man is COMPLETE class, and in the face of his success he seems very humble! God bless Russell Wilson. I hope he completes his carrier here in Seattle. up.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Oct 04, 2019 8:23 pm 
ditto.gif ditto.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Oct 09, 2019 3:13 pm 
Russell is the man, at least compared to just about all of the other QBs who've passed through here. We got lucky vs. the Rams. I couldn't believe Zuerlein missed that kick. Our D has some work to do. Allowing them to run pass over the middle plays for 9-10 yards each three downs in a row is stupid. If we can get the D tuned up I'll feel a lot better about the rest of the season. The offense is looking pretty good.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostThu Oct 10, 2019 3:48 am 
Being retired and burned out on FM classic rock, I listen to sports talk radio a lot...mostly AM 710. With only 5 games played, I am amazed at the predictions coming from these folks... Russel Wilson MVP, Seahawks claiming NFC championships, signing Clowney to a huge contract...etc etc etc. One game at a time boys. Tom