Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 pm 
tigermn wrote:
On the Russell Wilson front: The rumor I heard was his wife was somehow involved (be it a one nighter or whatever) with Golden Tate... Maybe not such a coincidence that they only offered Tate peanuts to stay in Seattle, basically forcing him elsewhere for a lot more money than he was being offered here.. Again only a rumor... People getting married that young.... Least likely to succeed...
That's the dumbest, most unlikely thing I've ever heard of in my entire life. If you believe that I hear the mariners have been trying to suck all these years so they can secure draft picks. Why would you believe something like that let alone post it? Instead of spreading stoopid rumors about a dude that busted his ass to bring a city a title, why don't you keep your dumb ideas to yourself and show some gratitude? The dude is a workaholic. It's not really conducive to married life. I feel sad for them both. Regardless it's none of our flipping business.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 pm 
Why would you say it's the most unlikely thing you've heard in your life? Everyone is human. I'd think you'd be more emotionally distraught by someone saying it was about the money.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu May 01, 2014 9:48 am 
I heard that his wife is actually an alien and since human-alien marriage is illegal they are just complying with the law and ending the marriage. It was a very reliable source.

JimK

JimK
PostWed May 07, 2014 12:33 pm 
Richard Sherman deal for a 4 year extension is done.

tigermn

tigermn
PostWed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm 
And they'll get Russell Wilson done next year. Anybody they draft that makes the team/has an impact they will have a few years real cheap before they have to deal with it. So far the strategy is working.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm 
JimK wrote:
Richard Sherman deal for a 4 year extension is done.
Thanks James. That's great news.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed May 07, 2014 10:20 pm 
Giddy up. And the draft is tomorrow. Looking forward to a grade of a D by the pundits so everyone has a big, fat chip on their shoulders.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu May 08, 2014 6:27 am 
Seems pretty clear now*, why they didn't do anything much in free agency. They had to keep that money to pay the defensive backfield...and Russell Wilson next year! This draft, and next year's is going to be important for the 'hawks, if they want to sustain this momentum. * Excuse me if this has been discussed to death in the Seattle media, but I don't get to hear it...

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
tigermn

tigermn
PostThu May 08, 2014 9:07 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
Seems pretty clear now*, why they didn't do anything much in free agency. They had to keep that money to pay the defensive backfield...and Russell Wilson next year!
I predict they trade down in this draft just to get more picks unless they just see someone they have to have at #32 when they get there. We can hope that some of those quarterbacks fall then other teams that need a QB will be calling/wanting to trade up with the hawks and they can get even more picks. As for going after a ton of free agents. Well they did after all win the Superbowl. It's not like you have to do a lot on the outside and they should (and did) concentrate on keeping the most important pieces of what got you there, adding bits and pieces here and there. John and Pete seem to be pretty good at the draft and I'm sure will get more players they can have on the cheap for a few years. Once they get Wilson (and possibly Okung if they choose to keep him around) signed next year they should be good for a few years with the core all the while bringing up talent from the lower rounds of the draft and grooming them to step in. In today's NFL the best way to be successful IMHO. The problem is you have to have a GM/staff that can spot this talent in the lower rounds. It's not a formula everyone can just copy.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu May 08, 2014 11:19 am 
I suspect there isn't much need for FAs and they have a lot of guys who were backups last year ready to step into leading roles.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostWed Sep 03, 2014 12:57 pm 
Should be a heck of a game. Go 'Hawks!

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 pm 
YEAH BABY!!!!!!

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 pm 
Seahawks won...Mariners won...it's a good day! agree.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostFri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am 
They had me worried through most of the first quarter.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Sep 05, 2014 9:25 am 
kbatku wrote:
They had me worried through most of the first quarter.
The Hawks remind me of an old musclecar with a built to the hilt v8 with no choke. It runs rough and sputters and pops 'til it's good and warmed up then it's all tire smoking, high RPM power.