Forum Index > Trip Reports > Olallie Lake - 1/06/07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
solohiker

solohiker
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 am 
Jimmymac - Whoa here - you're suggesting people North of Shoreline to take 405 all the way to 520 and then take a circuitous route through the "city" of Bellevue south and west all the way to the 1-90 on ramp off Bellevue way?? Is driving the slow, stop-light laden surface streets of Bellevue really a short cut? I'll tell you my way (which I obviously only use to get back home after I've driven North) of circumventing the evils of Bellevue traffic: 1) from SB I-405 take the 85th St Exit (Redmond/Kirkland). 2) Stay in left exit lane (Redmond) which will swing you around under the highway to head east to Redmond. There are only a few stoplights, all of which are long on green and short on red, before you get to a long stretch with no lights at all. 3)As you come down the hill approaching Redmond proper, turn right on West lake Sammamish Parkway (ramp) veer left as you drive down the ramp and then turn right when you actually reach the parkway (at the stop sign). 4) Turn right on 520 EAST Note: west (Seattle) will come first DO NOT TURN THERE - wait for EAST (Fall City). 5) The right turn will swing around clover leaf style and put you on 520 heading east stay in the right lane and get off on 202. 6) Take 202 to Fall City, and on to 90 either through Preston or SnoFalls - your choice here. Actually I take East Lake Sammamish blvd down to Issy, but if I were heading to 90 east bound I'd take 202 to Fall City. It's not a freeway, but the speedlimit's 60 (or maybe 55??) - and you can drive darn fast. Now THAT's a true Bellevue bypass, because it doesn't require you to drive through Bellevue. And if you still insist on taking 405 all the way to 520 then at least head EAST on Northrup way, taking it all the way to West Lake Sammamish Blvd where you can turn right and be at the WLSB/I-90 intersection before you know it.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
solohiker

solohiker
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 am 
But back on topic, I wandered up the Pratt Lake trail today. Didn't see Quark and Jim K's smiley face in the snow, but sure did find a lot more light snow than I expected once I got up a little ways. It was just past the two big creeks after the Granite turn off that the snow really went from heavy to light. It was a great day up there and not a bit cold. I didn't make it all the way to Ollalie because I started too late. I do think Ollalie is much prettier in the winter than summer - will have to head back that way in a week or two.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 am 
Quark, were you not wearing snowshoes? From the pics those look like regular boots. But that can't be, right?