Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Jury Duty Rant
Previous :: Next Topic  
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 9:47 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
gotta make it seem like you're foamin' at the mouth crazy and hellbent on convictin' someone. Usually works

--------------
YOU NEVER KNOW!!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 pm 
You should also have the option to defer to a later date of your choice.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Brucester

Brucester

PostSun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 am 
Note from my doctor and was excused.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
owmyknees

owmyknees

PostMon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 am 
I had a great experience on a jury for 3 weeks at the Superior Court.  Note, my employer pays during jury duty.

The case was actually really interesting, and I took 50 pages of notes.  Between the way the judge kept court moving along, and having recesses in the jury room where we chatted and played cards, I don't recall ever feeling bored.

I was also impressed with how seriously everyone took the case, and how well everyone adhered to the jury instructions.  There was only one person during deliberations who I felt was responding emotionally instead of trying to answer the questions posed by the jury instructions.

I came away from it with a renewed confidence in our court system and a lot of civic education.

Would not hesitate to sit on a jury again, for a reasonable amount of time.  But yeah, like I said, I still got paid.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 5:54 pm 
Have been called several times but never impaneled one side or the other does not want a lawyer on the panel. I have done several jury trials and they have always been nice to me, does that count.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Jury Duty Rant
  Happy Birthday Malachai Constant, Get Out and Go, sequimjack!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: