Forum Index > Trail Talk > Anyone been up Mt Dickerman or Gothic basin lately
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Wazzuhiker

Wazzuhiker
PostFri Apr 11, 2003 8:43 pm 
Has anyone been up Mount Dickerman or Gothic basin within the last two weeks and can give me a snow depth report. I am interested in doing one of them this weekend and since I do not yet own snowshoes I am limited to where I can go.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians..," Ted Nugent
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri Apr 11, 2003 10:42 pm 
You could call the Ranger Station at Verlot, i am not sure if they are open on the weekends or not. Or you could go online to the website and check and see what the trail information is on the trail. i am not sure where it is located at. We might even have it in our links. My opinion, not that i know everything, would be that there is to much snow up there right now, plus it is warming up and there is about two avalanche shoots you have to pass through. One time i went up there and at the first avalache chute just after the big rock, we were thigh high in the snow and it was melting.... But i would check the RS or Website. Ice Girl

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Apr 11, 2003 11:31 pm 
I would also recommend the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest website for trail conditions. As of this afternoon, however, the entire Forest Service website heirarchy has disappeared! It looked like someone deleted the entire file system. I sure hope they have backups. huh.gif The new MBSNF website was sweet. I'll add the link in case it comes back up. Mt Baker Snoqualmie National Forest

Wazzuhiker

Wazzuhiker
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 12:35 am 
Thanks for the info, your right the avalanche danger will probably be pretty high this weekend. I think Iam going to go for a lower elevation and probably less fun hike.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians..," Ted Nugent
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 7:06 am 
The MBSNF website has been deteriorating over the last ten days. Disappearing in bits and pieces. And you're right, Michael, it sure looks like the the entire site went south. eek.gif Calling RS is your best bet for now. Verlot is open on weekends. PH#360-691-7791 BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 9:23 am 
Bushwacker wrote:
The MBSNF website has been deteriorating over the last ten days. Disappearing in bits and pieces. And you're right, Michael, it sure looks like the the entire site went south. eek.gif BW
I know from my own experience that the state and fed agencies have been trying to standardize the look of their orgs web pages. One look fits all. Even intranet pages have to be uniform within each agency, tho a different look than the intrernet pages. Blew mine right out of the water and had to redesign. down.gif Guess it's kinda like keeping all the cubicles looking the same. Too bad they didn't get the new design complete and working properly before doing the switch. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 9:29 pm 
Forest Service website is back online.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 10:30 pm 
Thanks, Michael. They did a nice job. Even have trail condition reports for trails that were'nt listed on the old site. up.gif MBSNF Trail conditions link http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/conditions/trail_conditions.shtml BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 10:42 pm 
Yes, the Mt Baker/Sno. Nat forest website trail and road conditions webpages are back, and better than ever. If you are following the links from wta.org "Government Websites", you must click on the homepage link to the left, and then follow forest service's internal links to the data. I have e-mailed Bill Sunderland, wta webmaster, about the direct links on the wta site needing to be changed, since they don't work as they are. I really like the new format, and there is much new content as well. Our tax dollars at work!