Forum Index > Trip Reports > Skyline Lake Repeat - Hwy 2 - 01-27-07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostSun Jan 28, 2007 2:56 pm 
After considering an assortment of destinations for the day, finally decided to take advantage of the low avalanche risk and sunny weather combination to complete my Skyline Lake journey which started on 01/13/07. I met up with two cool dudes from Seattle and their beautiful canine companions and we had a great time heading up the trail to the viewpoint, then circling back to check out the lake and then onward and upward out the ridge to the boulder field. Obviously high on the mountain air, my two new buddies felt up for the challenge (and risk) of bagging the nearby peak. Without being properly equipped for such a route, I opted to hold back, take care of the canines and serve as the trip photographer. Glad to report the summit went well, as did the return butt-glissade. It was a beautiful day with periods of heavy wind bursts to remind you that even though it looks like paradise, you should still always be prepared. Thank you to E3 and Medford for a great day on the mountain!
Vista
Vista
Playtime
Playtime
Beaut!
Beaut!
Skyline Lake and Point
Skyline Lake and Point
Cornice
Cornice
The Trudge
The Trudge
Summit
Summit
Shadows
Shadows
Elevation
Elevation
~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
dacker
little black dots

dacker
little black dots
PostSun Jan 28, 2007 5:19 pm 
Wow, what a difference a few days make. That is a completely different place than it was last Monday. s_t and I will have to go back and finish our aborted loop on a day like that! agree.gif

We don't stop hiking because we grow old; we grow old because we stop hiking. --Finis Mitchell
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message