Forum Index > Trip Reports > West Tiger 3, 2, 1 1.27.07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Nancy

Nancy
PostMon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 am 
We left the parking lot at 8:19 and as usual got lost in the picnic area trying to find the bathroom. It was cat and mouse with the wind, and the cat won on all the summits. The trail runners flew over the icy patches just below Tiger 2, but I was glad for my pole. There were several people on 2 and more coming up the road. The wind really blew on Tiger 1, making me dig into my pack for my warm clothes. A trail runner dressed in shorts and long sleeved shirt ate a candy bar and gave us some good loop suggestions, making the maze of trails on Tiger less confusing. It was so clear we could make out the Space Needle and the towers on Queen Anne Hill. We returned to Tiger 3 at 11:40 and couldn't believe we were the only ones there, a first for us.
Tiger 1
Tiger 1
West Tiger 3
West Tiger 3

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kycooyo

kycooyo
PostMon Jan 29, 2007 3:50 pm 
How'd you like the Hiker's Hut? dizzy.gif

whitebark

whitebark
PostMon Jan 29, 2007 5:37 pm 
That "hut" could use sure some improvement! To improve the interior decor, I left a large, nice candle in there one time, but someone took it. How about cutting a window in one side to add daylight(which might require a cutting torch), painting the interior, and putting up some cool posters? The current hut design, with its thick steel wall, does have the one advantage that it is nearly vandal-proof.