Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > graham crackers, how long?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am 
For some reason this question occurred to me as I was contemplating taxes. How long can you suspend a graham cracker in a glass of milk before it breaks? Is there a record for this?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Quark

Quark
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 6:58 am 
Cinnamon, or plain? It's important to differentiate this in your experiment. Different brands have different densities, as well. A controlled atmosphere is of paramount important, too. What kind of milk? Chocolate, 1%, 2%, whole or goat? Soy? Chocolate Soy? Soy-Plus? O the possibilities are endless. Ever notice that orange juice mixed with chocolate milk tastes just like Tootsie Rolls? Yup, it does. Not too much oj, though - just a skosh. I have conducted many experiments of this kind, however the clean room attendants at the Texas Instruments lab took Great Offense at my endeavors, and I was unceremoniously tossed out on my ear, to put it politely - but not before the onion-eyed, three-suited cretins took all my Teddy Grahams and Hostess Ho-Ho's (the Ho-Ho's weren't part of theexperiment, they were my dinner - just so you know). They took all my notes, too!

polarbear-

polarbear-
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 7:38 am 
It is too bad the guys in the white coats caught up to you, but you could have evaded their detection if you had been truly gutsy and fully submerged the graham cracker with your fingers. Then no one can tell there is a graham cracker at all--they would think you were just cooling your fingers, that is until it breaks, sinks, and clings to the side of the glass. Then it really raises an eyebrow. rolleyes.gif

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 8:30 am 
Quark wrote:
just a skosh
Is that a scientific measurement?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mesh R. Mint

Mesh R. Mint
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 7:06 pm 
A skosh is, indeed, a ssientific measurement. In fact, it can be shown by a cimple proof (left to the reader) that the following measurements are in this order, from smallest to largest: teensy bit pinch smidgeon skosh tad touch iota gazillionth 1/infinity zero

millikilo

millikilo
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 7:55 pm 
Mesh, thanks for the tutorial, but the units measure still cornfuse me, ecpesially when they are combined. For example, how big/small is a itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini (assume that it hasn't been through the wash yet and is being worn for the first time)

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 8:01 pm 
Did you ever notice how if you put some coffe-mate in a cup of hot coffee, and then put some sugar on top of that, the little mountain starts to disintegrate slowly from the edges, but then there is a catastrophic break-up and the whole mass turns turtle in one tiny cataclsymic paroxism? ( The spell checker has stopped even trying to suggest corrections for me). It reminds me of the way Venus is believed to renew its surface every 600 million years or so. I do it myself because I don't have that kind of time to kill. dizzy.gif

Quark

Quark
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 8:02 pm 
The age-old raging argument in the scientific community has always been the pronounciation of "skosh." One faction pronounces the "o" as in "ought." Another pronounciation which showcases the inferior quality of education in the one who utters it uses the rounded, or long, "o" as in "low-life." I leave it up to you to determine which I use. The term, "smidgeon" is sometimes reduced to "smidge" by those endearing young scientific hipsters. I wonder why the word, "pidgeon" has not been reduced to "pidge?"

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 8:04 pm 
Quark- The unit of measure of crankiness, the Curmudgeon, should be reduced to the Curmudge.

Tear E. Ocki

Tear E. Ocki
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 9:44 pm 
Skosh is pronounced with a long O. Ask any Japanese. Confucion sez: Never trust a Quark.