Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Teneriffe Road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 5:26 pm 
Well, it's that time of the year .... gotta start getting in shape for summer trips. A friend and I hiked up the Mount Teneriffe Road today. We had planned to go up Mount Si but as I drove past the Little Si trailhead I thought I saw him sitting there in his car but since that didn't make sense I continued to the Mount Si trailhead where we were to meet and it appeared to be closed. As I sat there puzzled by the gate he drove up behind me, we talked it over and since we weren't sure what was happening on Si we switched over to the Mount Teneriffe Road instead. This guy is getting in shape for Denali so his pack was very heavy but since I am older than he is we were hiking close to the same pace -- a good, moderate, steady pace. We stopped where the roads meet (near the Mt Si Teneriffe Saddle) and felt we had had enough for the day. Anyway, I knew the hike was going to be a work-out and not a photo hike but I couldn't resist taking the digital camera. Of course, I didn't take many pictures as we were "working". By the time we got back to the trailhead we were pleased with our results hiking-wise but I wasn't satisified. The hike just didn't meet my soul requirement -- I had to go somewhere to take some pictures before heading back to Seattle. But I was tired and didn't want to do much more hiking. So I ended up driving around and found the Meadowbrook farm site and some interesting buildings in the old part of Snoqualmie. I wandered around there, found a slough with a good view of Mount Si and took enough pictures to satisfy the "soul requirement" before heading back to Seattle. Nice day!! Good work-out and a couple of images I'm happy with. Karen
View of Mount Si
View of Mount Si

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Karen

Karen
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 5:44 pm 
Site of Meadowbrook Farm
Not a hike, just a nice place to stop for a photo. Karen
Meadowbrook Farm Site
Meadowbrook Farm Site

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Mt. Frank

Mt. Frank
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 5:51 am 
Anyone know what the story is behind the gated Mt. Si parking lot?