Forum Index > Trail Talk > Salmo-Priest and Crowell Ridge -- Alan?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Larry

Larry
PostThu Apr 24, 2003 6:57 pm 
Hey Alan Bauer: You are my Eastern Washington places Hero. I have been screaming around the state via Topo!, and came across Crowell Ridge in my scrolling travels. Wow! Sure looks nice to me. Open and high. Can you shed any light on the area? I would love anything to just get me all steamed up.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 11:39 pm 
Crowell Ridge is just about as primo of a roam as the NE corner offers. Sherdorf Divide is equally as wonderful. Of course I love the Salmo-Priest area so much I'll take anything it offers....well, except for the afternoon thunderstorms in July...I can do without those. Another good reason to hike starting early in the morning. The hike up Noisy Creek to Hall Mountain is also more enjoyable than I thought it would be--the creek is very awesome in May/June and Hall Mountain melts off pretty early, and the upper meadows in the last mile are packed with flowers like crazy! If you ever do this, skip the temptation to do the short hike up Hall Moutain via the north side access via high elevation FS road to the Grassy Top Mountain / Hall Mountain trailhead. Hall Mountain offers the best easy overview of looking into the vast wilderness that the Salmo-Priest has to offer...that and Sullivan Mountain also does.

Larry

Larry
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 7:26 am 
Thaks VERY MUCH, Alan. I really appreciate the nice information. I'll be taking an overnighter there about the first of June. Great info. smile.gif