Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm 
Quark wrote:
Morning walk, clouds and sagebrush
Morning walk, clouds and sagebrush
This puppy looks 3D from here. Awesome job right out of the box Quark up.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tazz

Tazz
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 7:57 pm 
One of my favorite subjects is clouds. Great work! up.gif

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 pm 
Quark, Eric was right. You guys were on Wahatis and Bob (smmslt) and I were on Taunton BM (further east) I enjoyed all your pics. Bob and I did Wahatis last year and the wind was blowing as hard as your pic showed even then. Wind in eastern washington? Oh yeah. wink.gif Here's a shot of Wahatis from where we were. Wahatis is about 5 miles to the west from our location. Sorry this is a bit dark. frown.gif
Wahatis
Wahatis

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 9:19 pm 
You got a shot of those long clouds, too. Cool. It's hard to get a photo of clouds without something being too dark. I bought a gradient filter on Friday, so this weekend was my first serious attempt at cloudage. I'm headed out to Central Washington again this weekend. It's that time of year when I turn to the dry side for entertainment. up.gif MtnGoat, I do have a photo of Burkett marker; there are 2 USGS markers there. One of my photos is from Burkett. It's in my point & shoot - I left it at the office today. I took the photo right before I screwed up the settings & couldn't find my way out of it. That's a long mountain range, Saddle is. Gorgeous, too. I've been on the eastern side as well, several years ago. Past the nike (?) site, where the road ends at a canyonic gap. That was neat as well.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Mar 13, 2007 10:54 am 
From the pass just W of Wahatis is a jeep track to the W that connects to the dirt roads about 5 miles W of Wahatis, you can make it all the way from Wahatis to Burkett/Sentinel Gap without ever hitting pavement.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers