Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Wolves need our help NOW!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 pm 
Friday October 06, 2017 16:42 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website here -WDFW-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm 
Friday October 13, 2017 16:02 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website here -WDFW-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am 
ha! you thought this thread would eventually fade into oblivion, huh? not a chance... what else would WDFW piss away their budget on? Thursday, November 8, 2017 16:40 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: here -WDFW- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 13:54 PST WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: here -WDFW-

timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 6:43 am 
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 pm 
Wednesday December 6, 2016 16:53 PST WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE This notice is to inform you about two items: In the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Game Management Plan (July 2015-June 2021), the Department made a commitment to assess ungulate populations that could potentially be held below desired population levels due to predation by carnivores. That assessment is now available on the Department’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01948/. The Department provides monthly wolf reports to the public that are available on the Department’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/. Those reports have been posted online by the 14th of each month. The next monthly wolf report will be posted online Jan. 2, 2018 (or the first business day of each month), so the monthly reports are in sync with a full calendar month. -WDFW- ======================================================== Monday December 11, 2017 16:16 PST WDFW NEWS RELEASE WDFW investigates two suspected wolf poaching cases in northeast Washington OLYMPIA – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is investigating two suspected wolf poaching incidents in northeast Washington, and a conservation group is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to convictions. WDFW Police Capt. Dan Rahn said one case involves the killing of a female wolf in Ferry County, whose carcass was found Dec. 5 by department personnel approximately 15 miles southwest of Republic. The wolf had been wearing a radio collar, attached by WDFW biologists in 2016 when it was a member of the Profanity Peak pack. Biologists said she was not associated with any pack when she was killed. Rahn said the collar had stopped transmitting location data in early November. -WDFW-

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 am 
On private land. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/dec/13/state-wildlife-officials-confirm-wolf-killed-alpac/

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 am 
Kind of disappointed the Teanaway pack dispersed. I did not hear the breeding female was killed. Guess I can quit trying to get them to howl.

Humptulips

Humptulips
PostThu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 am 
I read where WDFW has penned a contract extension for their wolf consultant to keep control of the Wolf Advisory Group, $425,000. Spent $1,600,000 on her now. No link, the story is from Capitol Press which is a pay site now.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm 
^ the link to the article is posted in the "WDFW press release" thread, but the "Capitol Press" doesn't allow access to their site unless you have cookies enabled. I don't enable cookies except for maybe half a dozen sites, so I guess I'm not reading the article.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jan 31, 2018 1:27 pm 
Friday January 26, 2018 16:33 PST (edited for brevity) WDFW NEWS RELEASE Wolf poacher fined in Pend Oreille County District Court NEWPORT, WA – A man from Liberty Lake, Washington, was fined $8,293 in Pend Oreille County District Court yesterday in a plea bargain agreement for killing two wolves in Pend Oreille County in 2016. Terry Leroy Fowler, 55, pleaded guilty to two counts of unlawful taking of endangered wildlife, while a third count was dismissed under the agreement. Fowler will pay $8,000 in restitution to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and $293 in court costs. A 364-day jail sentence was suspended, but Fowler will be required to spend 30 days under home electronic monitoring. WDFW Police Capt. Dan Rahn said the department began investigating the case in late February of 2016, while following up on a wolf mortality near the LeClerc Creek Road in Pend Oreille County. Evidence at the scene led WDFW police to property owned by Fowler. In March 2016, WDFW served search warrants on Fowler's cabin in Pend Oreille County, and on his residence in Liberty Lake in Spokane County. Rahn said WDFW police found evidence of wolf trapping, wolf hair, tissue, scat, and two skulls. In December 2016, the department received the results of a DNA analysis of evidence samples confirming they were from three separate wolves. WDFW referred charges of three counts of unlawful taking of endangered wildlife to the Pend Oreille County Prosecutor's Office in early 2017. The plea bargain agreement was finalized Thursday after a number of court hearing continuances. Wolves are listed as endangered throughout Washington by the state and in the western two-thirds of the state under federal law. Washington had at least 115 wolves in 20 known packs, including at least 10 breeding pairs as of March 2017, when WDFW issued its last population estimate. The wolves in this case were within the Goodman Meadows pack range. The illegal killing of a wolf or other endangered fish or wildlife species is a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000. Two other wolf poaching cases in northeast Washington remain under investigation. One involves the killing of a radio-collared female wolf, once part of the Profanity Peak pack in Ferry County, whose carcass was found Dec. 5, 2017, about 15 miles southwest of Republic. The other case involves a dead female wolf found by hunters on Nov. 12, 2017 within the range of the Dirty Shirt pack, about 10 miles southeast of Colville in Stevens County. Rahn encouraged anyone who might have relevant information about these cases to contact WDFW at 877-933-9847 or 360-902-2936. -WDFW-

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Feb 01, 2018 6:13 pm 
Thursday February 01, 2018 16:53 PST WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website HERE

Naches Hiker

Naches Hiker
PostWed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm 
Can't wait until I can legally kill a few wolves with some buddies this fall. There are very few elk where I work and I always see wolves from the helicopter. I saw less than 200 head of elk last year between flying and being on the ground. There used to be thousands of elk in the area I work in and outfitters were abundant. These days, very few outfitters are in the area.

Have I offended you today?
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Feb 21, 2018 3:52 pm 
^ Yes, but your riparian ecosystems are all back in order and the anadromous salmonid runs have rebounded in abundance! up.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm 
Ski wrote:
^ Yes, but your riparian ecosystems are all back in order and the anadromous salmonid runs have rebounded in abundance! up.gif
embarassedlaugh.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 am 
Monday April 30, 2018 09:43 PDT WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE This notice is to inform you that the next Wolf Advisory Group (WAG) meeting is this Tuesday, May 1, from 1:00 to 6:00pm, and Wednesday, May 2, from 8:00am to 3:00pm. The WAG agenda is posted on the Department’s website (here). The meeting will be at Hotel RL in Spokane (303 West North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201). The WAG work session will be open to the public to observe and will follow the same format that we have used in the past, including public comment opportunities at the end of each day. There will also be an open-house style public comment period on May 1 from 11:00am to 12:30pm, prior to the WAG work session. -WDFW-