Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Dickerman
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Wazzuhiker

Wazzuhiker
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 1:18 am 
We left the parking lot at 9:30 and took our time. The weather was overcast and mild. The trail climbed steadily and snow free up to 3,200 where the snow began. The snow was extremely hikeable without snowshoes up to about 4,500 feet. At this point it became really deep and soft in places but still hikeable. It was tough going the rest of the way crossing and climbing up several avalanche chutes. We summited the mountain at 2:45. The top was clouded in but it was still an awesome climb. The summit read 6200 feet on the altimeter but was pretty warm ( about forty degrees). Be careful of the cornices at the top they are very dangerous, and be careful of the Grey Jays at the top. These birds will steal your lunch right out of your hands. The way down was steep and treacherous we found the best way down was on your butt. Sledding down made the trip a lot more fun and a lot quicker. I recommend bringing snowshoes and a pair of waterproof pants for the way down. Also, this hike will become a lot harder once the snow begins to soften so I recommend doing it within the next couple of days or wait a month for the snow to melt.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians..," Ted Nugent
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message