Forum Index > Trip Reports > Bogachiel River Trail - ONP - 3/17/07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
javman

javman
PostSun Mar 18, 2007 11:03 pm 
What better way to spend a rainy day than a walk in the rainforest smile.gif I could probably wrap up this TR by just saying "Wet & Muddy"... I only went as far as Mosquito Creek, which is somewhere between 3 and 3.5 miles in I think. There are three small creeks before this, which are all currently about a foot deep and 6-10 feet across. One could probably make it across all three without getting their feet wet -- but on a day like today, why worry about keeping your feet dry when the rest of you is inevitably going to get soaked? smile.gif The rain didn't get me down though -- it felt good, and the rainforest has a sweet aroma in the rain. I would've taken more (better) pictures, but the raindrops that kept hitting the front of my lens were somewhat frustrating. I've got about 40 shots with several large white blobs scattered everywhere smile.gif The trail in a good spot (not muddy!):
Mosquito Creek:
The "Bogey":
Ferns, Maple & Mosses -- Oh My....
On my way home today, I passed through the little town of Clearwater and a herd of 14 elk were out in a field. I rolled down the window and snapped a few pics. I didn't notice what I'd captured on the second shot until I got home. Anyone got a funny caption? wink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 7:14 am 
Kiss me, you fool!
Kiss me, you fool!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm 
if that's the same meadow i think it is, those elk are out there hangin' out quite often. so... you gonna send me a note and let me know about the road? or do i have to drive up there and find out for myself? smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
javman

javman
PostTue Mar 20, 2007 6:19 pm 
Nice magellan wink.gif Ski - it's probably the field you're thinking of. The first field you see on the right side of the road after turning off 101. I couldn't count all the times I've seen elk in Clearwater -- this time of year especially. I didn't do any road recon -- my battery died on Saturday after two hours of playing music through the radio while splitting wood -- and I didn't want to chance it not staying charged while I drove several miles back on a road that probably doesn't see traffic daily. Next time for sure tho (mid-April I'm guessing) wink.gif