Forum Index > Trip Reports > Big Rock Garden - Bham
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostTue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 pm 
Distance: 1/4 mile... maybe. Elevation Gain/Loss: 25 feet... maybe. In addition to the more well known outdoor sculpture display always available on the WWU campus in Bellingham, there is a more intimite display located a short distance away called Big Rock Garden Park. Unlike the WWU sculptures that can be viewed 24 hours a day, Big Rock Garden park does have gates , but the hours are 'dawn to dusk'. Parking lot is paved, trails are not. With the wet weather recently I took an opportunity during lunch today to scoot out here for a quick tour and photos. The park is located near Lake Whatcom. Make your way from I-5 to Alabama Hill and head eastward toward Lake Whatcom. Take the last left onto Sylvan Street and follow it up the hill until you see the partly obscured sign on the right.
Quite a bit of obvious "Art"
... and some not-so-obvious "Art":
Today the only other visitors during my brief jaunt was a family of three visiting from out of town. They just couldn't come visit Bham without a stop here. I thought this would be a little overkill for the Picture of the Day thread... so it's in the Trip Reports thread instead.

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostTue Mar 27, 2007 9:43 pm 
Cool up.gif Nice pictures. I've never heard of this place before, but I'll have to visit sometime. Thanks.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Andrew

Andrew
PostWed Mar 28, 2007 8:52 am 
Nice sculptures. That's so much better than what's on campus. rolleyes.gif

Nisquaww
Hot balls

Nisquaww
Hot balls
PostFri May 11, 2007 7:53 pm 
Bump... Just cause Im stoked on this park.

"Why do you have a beard?" "I don't have a beard. It's just the light; it plays funny tricks." ~ Shel Silverstein