Forum Index > Gear Talk > Mini Gear Review - GoLite Odyssey Pack
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Coasty
I like Salmon!

Coasty
I like Salmon!
PostSun Apr 01, 2007 7:10 pm 
Ok so I am heading to Whitney in about a month and I bought an Odyssey to see if I could make it work for as my pack. I packed the pack with all the recommended gear for my trip, snowshoes, crampons, ice ax, clothing, tent, etc... everything except food... and my pack weight came to 52 pounds.. eek.gif The pack is supposed to carry 50 pounds well... Well I have to say it did not carry 52 pounds all that well. I had problem with the hip belt staying fully buckled. Not sure why it did that, I will be talking to GL customer service about it. Since I couldn't transfer the weight to my hips real well my shoulders are pretty sore from carrying the load. I do like the organizational features, and the hip belt pockets. The pack is super large and easily swallowed most of my gear. The outer pocket easily handled my climbing helmet and I was able to reach the stretchy pockets on the side while wearing the pack. All that being said, I think the pack will perform well with a lighter load, but it will probably not be my choice for Whitney with all of the gear that I am required to carry. Jason B PS these are only my opinions, I am not testing this pack for BGT.

http://www.BackpackGearTest.org The Most Comprehensive Interactive Gear Reviews and Tests on the Planet!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message