Forum Index > Support & Feedback > ImageShack alternative to flickr for posting photos
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Apr 01, 2007 3:17 am 
For those who prefer an alternative to flickr, we've added an ImageShack option: - sign up for an account at ImageShack and upload the photo(s) you wish to post - just above where you post a message here, select ImageShack (instead of flickr), enter your ImageShack username, and click on the "Pics" button - click on the photos you want to include in your post* - that's it! *Note there is no option at ImageShack to caption pictures. To add captions in your post, hit the = key after adding each photo and enter the caption. It's easier than it sounds! You can also use other tools like the ImageShack toolbar which lets you upload images directly from your computer into your post (see demo here). You may prefer this method for images not already uploaded to ImageShack (otherwise we recommend using the first method above to avoid uploading duplicates). If you use the ImageShack toolbar, make sure you change the "Link Style" from "HTML" to "Hotlink for forums" as follows:

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostThu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 pm 
FYI - I just got a notice from ImageShack today - they now have a 500 photo limit now and will delete any older photos on March 1st

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostMon Feb 13, 2012 11:02 pm 
Yea, when I got the notice I told em if I was going to sign up for the paid service it wouldn't be with a company that changed their policy then held the delete threat over my head if I didn't pay up. I'll look elsewhere.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 pm 
I guess they haven't fully updated their FAQ
Quote:
How long will my uploaded files be available? Your files will only be deleted if they do not adhere to our Terms of Service. If you are registered, your files will be available forever. If you are not registered, any file that you upload will continue to be available if it is accessed by anyone at least onc per year.