Forum Index > Trip Reports > Havasu Canyon, AZ 04/01-04/05/07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
napali2004

napali2004
PostMon Apr 09, 2007 12:37 pm 
Wow - great report & love the pictures! I was one of the "insane" and did this trip in the middle of August when I lived down there. There were still a lot of people, but we had a nice spot along the creek and didn't notice our neighbors. We would have gone at a different time but had a friend flying in from Colorado who wanted to go on this trip, so we went. I remember at the end of our trip when we got back to the car buying soda & burritos from the locals, and that was the best burrito I've ever had. hungry.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'
PostThu Apr 12, 2007 2:47 am 
Awesome Yana! I sure wish we would have had more time to visit the falls when we visited the Grand Canyon a few years back. Thanks for sharing.

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm 
My wife called me at work today and asked if I had seen the pictures from the Havasu Falls trip report. Apparently my suggestion we go there sometime in the next couple years wasn't good enough to convince her huh.gif , but your report and pictures were hockeygrin.gif Glad you had a good time!

Knows literally nothing
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 pm 
GeoTom wrote:
My wife called me at work today and asked if I had seen the pictures from the Havasu Falls trip report. Apparently my suggestion we go there sometime in the next couple years wasn't good enough to convince her huh.gif , but your report and pictures were hockeygrin.gif
Do you find this at all ironic in some way? Especially the pictures bit? :-)

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
gyngve

gyngve
PostSat Apr 14, 2007 12:29 pm 
Nice photos!

jschoun

jschoun
PostFri Jan 25, 2008 10:32 am 
We are planning a trip to Havasu Canyon in Aug (I know it'll be hot but my husband teaches in the summer and this is our only chance). I'm wondering how long it takes the average person to hike to the Supai Campground and if there is a place to camp at the trailhead so we could get a really early start. I loved your photos and can't wait to take some of my own. Thanks for any help you can give!

Judy
Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl
PostFri Jan 25, 2008 1:01 pm 
It all depends on how fast you hike with a pack and how comfortable you are hiking in the heat! It is 8 miles to the village of Supai and 11 to the campground. Tazz & I smoked the trail to the village, it is mostly flat or downhill. Unfortuantely that is the problem with this trail, there is no where nearby that I know of that you can stay near the hilltop. We camped at the Grand Canyon Caverns, twenty-two miles west of Seligman. It was in April so we were the only ones hearty enough to be in the campground, might be a zoo in the summer though.

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com