Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB Goes to the Dogs on the Haystack
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostFri May 04, 2007 10:09 pm 
Thanks for welcoming the new guys. Hopefully the old guys will show back up. paranoid.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage

Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage
PostFri May 04, 2007 10:18 pm 
dicey wrote:
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Bow Down to Logan...Queen of the Haystack!
Bow Down to Logan...Queen of the Haystack!
We're not worthy, we're not worthy borank.gif borank.gif borank.gif

"Forest 101: These big wood stick things are called trees. The big rocks are called mountains, and the little rocks are their babies." Elliott from Open Season
Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage

Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage
PostFri May 04, 2007 11:17 pm 
We really enjoyed the TR, Mark - it summed up the day very well! We would have posted sooner, but between getting back at 3 am and the "revenge of Taco Bell" food, we weren't game until tonight. We had a great time on our first TNAB outing. We're glad the rain guarantee worked lol.gif!
Jeremy's view of the trail
Jeremy's view of the trail
Squalls over the valley
Squalls over the valley
Jeremy tries to look cool by the Haystack
Jeremy tries to look cool by the Haystack
MARK WANT BROWNIE.
MARK WANT BROWNIE.
The haystack was a lot of fun (wet, slippery fun, but that's the best kind wink.gif), even if our dogs were a bit annoying with their whining (what the heck are you humans doing this for??) Sorry if they got on anyone's nerves.
Tisha and the whiny whippet duo
Tisha and the whiny whippet duo
Haystack and peeps in the mist
Haystack and peeps in the mist
Chris sets up the rope
Chris sets up the rope
Heading back down
Heading back down
Waiting patiently for us....even though they've secretly eaten the rest of the brownies!
Waiting patiently for us....even though they've secretly eaten the rest of the brownies!
Careful maneuvering
Careful maneuvering
Once the haystack adventure was over, it was back to what remained of the brownies before heading back down the trail.
Yet grins because only she [i:8f64ad14d4]knows[/i:8f64ad14d4] the secret ingredient to her brownies!
Yet grins because only she knows the secret ingredient to her brownies!
Mark and Yet share a brownie moment
Mark and Yet share a brownie moment
Jeremy, the headlamp fairy illuminates the trailhead
Jeremy, the headlamp fairy illuminates the trailhead
Those chips and salsa tasted wonderful back at the North Bend Grill. Good times there! We were still hungry when we headed home, so we made a quick stop off at Taco Bell.....which we'd regret later..... We really enjoyed TNAB and seeing both new and old faces. (Don...didn't realize you were Malachai....met another legend on nwhikers! borank.gif) The only bad thing about the whole trip was the drive home....and did we mention Taco Bell???? bomber.gif
At least the whippets are comfortable
At least the whippets are comfortable
This is for Yet:
Yet wrote:
They're Too Good At This
They're Too Good At This
When you've been married as long as us, you get lots of practice! P.S. Congrats to Daniel for earning his trailname. We look forward to your posts - "Pooh Bear".

"Forest 101: These big wood stick things are called trees. The big rocks are called mountains, and the little rocks are their babies." Elliott from Open Season
twodogdad

twodogdad
PostFri May 04, 2007 11:19 pm 
memorable TNAB
This writer enjoyed everything: the company (thanks, Mark and Yet for herding, feeding and photographing us), the old trail, the tempo, the weather, the well-behaved canines (all except one), even, when all was said and done, the extra 1500' vertical I ran up and down in pursuit of the rogue fifth canine. But where would I be without Steve who captured Boon?!

Mark Griffith
(Embrace yourself)

Mark Griffith
(Embrace yourself)
PostSat May 05, 2007 7:46 am 
TNAB has their Thursday nights (which I can never seem to make) but I've got the Dawn Patrol Friday mornings. Though I don't think you can do them back to back, getting up at 4:40 am would be hard if you'd hit the hay at 3 am smile.gif

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostSat May 05, 2007 9:40 am 
mbgriffi wrote:
TNAB has their Thursday nights (which I can never seem to make) but I've got the Dawn Patrol Friday mornings. Though I don't think you can do them back to back, getting up at 4:40 am would be hard if you'd hit the hay at 3 am smile.gif
Hmmm - sounds like a challenge! But not this week... dizzy.gif

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostSat May 05, 2007 7:56 pm 
Wow, the pictures came out great!!! A thing to remember: A foggy day on top of the mountain is 100 times better than a day at home watching T.V. I had a great time and will definite be back for Mailbox! It was fun just getting into those beautiful mountains that torture me everyday (so many mountains, so little time) when I go to work. I will probably develop my pictures soon! What an awesome time!!! biggrin.gif up.gif Thanks again, EastKing

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun May 06, 2007 2:34 am 
Nice! Another great TR. Thanks guys!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Yet

Yet
PostSun May 06, 2007 8:34 am 
*Kat, thanks. I’m glad you enjoy my photos. I hope they convey even a fraction of the fun I have at these outings. smile.gif *John, scoring brownie points at home is always a good thing. You'll get a corner piece next time. wink.gif (Pssst....I’m still a Haystack virgin myself.) *Nikolai, you’re welcome. I'm glad you found Boon. up.gif *DHM, hope you can join us soon. *SA, so much fun having you along. Hope the 4 of you can make it out again. What a great group, as always. Truly, truly looking forward to TNAB again in 4 days! smile.gif

Tread Well

Tread Well
PostMon May 07, 2007 9:33 am 
Greetings, My "Real Name" is Dave Schultz - I was the tall guy with the mustache that took my first hike with you last Thursday. You are a heck of a fun group. I'm glad I found you and am looking forward to Mailbox this Thursday. Thanks to all who took and posted photos. Tread Well

Let's go for a walk.
Yet

Yet
PostMon May 07, 2007 9:37 am 
Greetings, Earthling -- Nice to see you here, Dave. I was the short girl without a mustache ('twas a good hair day). My "real name" is Yet. wink.gif At least...that is what I tell people.

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostTue May 08, 2007 2:57 am 
I hope Thursday ends up being like Monday. It was a shame that I was sleeping most of the day. Mailbox at sunset is going to be a nice treat!!!! up.gif

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.