Forum Index > Trail Talk > Halter tops
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gina

Gina
PostThu May 08, 2003 7:20 am 
I have a rather ummmm, large rack. I find a snug fitting halter top really chafes and makes my nimmies sore after a few hours on the trail. Do some of you other gals have a tip for me and my sore boobies?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu May 08, 2003 7:59 am 
Two good reasons for getting outdoors more often. biggrin.gif BW wink.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu May 08, 2003 8:21 am 
I wonder if the advice from The Scrotum Thread ® would be helpful here as well?

PostThu May 08, 2003 8:32 am 
MCaver wrote:
I wonder if the advice from The Scrotum Thread ® would be helpful here as well?
I was wondering if we are being spoofed. winksmile.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu May 08, 2003 9:24 am 
I've had the same happen when hiking with a soaked cotton T-shirt. Guessing that band-aids or crosses made from electrical tape (ala "Fetish Night" at the Vogue) might do the trick. Michael

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Mike E.

Mike E.
PostThu May 08, 2003 9:27 am 
Gina, Starjumper must have seen this site: http://wanr.earthbiz.net/StevesHiking.html This person obviously has no chafing problem and I think all of his "knots" have come untied, (even those in his head). I wonder if his pack straps chafe ?

Karen

Karen
PostThu May 08, 2003 1:43 pm 
If this is a joke ....
anything goes as long as you don't run into Tom Leykis on the trail with his "sharpie". But you can relax, I don't think Tom could tell a mountain from a mole-hill (no pun intended). If you are serious, then I'd try a sport-bra. It holds everything still -- er, at least it helps. I used to hike with a woman pal who was also mightly endowed and she had problems too -- mostly trying to figure out a way to carry her cameras and gear on her person as opposed to inside the pack. So, if you are serious good luck and happy hiking. Don't let the guys get to you, Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostThu May 08, 2003 2:04 pm 
So what are you trying to say about us guys, anyway?

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu May 08, 2003 2:14 pm 
Karen wrote:
So, if you are serious good luck and happy hiking. Don't let the guys get to you.
Hey, hey, hey...I *was* being serious. At least with the first part. I've come back from hikes where nipplage was the only casualty. Sore for days. It's not right, I tell ya... Michael

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu May 08, 2003 2:23 pm 
I would think about a brest reduction! Many a female is/are doing that now-a-days! Again, if you are being serious. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 08, 2003 2:47 pm 
eek.gif Remind me never to click on links about "nude hiking" biggrin.gif I think I saw more of free-as-a-bird Steve as I ever want to;) About the orginal question-who in their right mind would wear a haltertop while hiking? OUCH!! At least wear a uniboob sports bra!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Larry

Larry
PostThu May 08, 2003 5:53 pm 
Karen wrote:
anything goes as long as you don't run into Tom Leykis on the trail with his "sharpie". But you can relax, I don't think Tom could tell a mountain from a mole-hill (no pun intended). If you are serious, then I'd try a sport-bra. It holds everything still -- er, at least it helps. I used to hike with a woman pal who was also mightly endowed and she had problems too -- mostly trying to figure out a way to carry her cameras and gear on her person as opposed to inside the pack. So, if you are serious good luck and happy hiking. Don't let the guys get to you, Karen
Tom Leykis! Not sure I'd want to meet him on a trail. No danger of that though, I'm sure. You know....sometimes I'm kind of glad I'm not a girl.

Karen

Karen
PostThu May 08, 2003 7:18 pm 
In all honesty
I always wanted to be a guy because it seems like they had a lot more fun than girls. The one thing I have always hated about being a girl is feeling that I always had to be WITH a man to protect me from OTHER men. That's not the case today but it felt like that when I was younger. It makes my day when I see other women out hiking alone. Truth is, most of the bad guys are just not going to go for a hike to make trouble for women. Or anyone. The further I get away from a trailhead, the more I relax. Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Larry

Larry
PostThu May 08, 2003 7:54 pm 
Karen wrote:
I always wanted to be a guy because it seems like they had a lot more fun than girls. The one thing I have always hated about being a girl is feeling that I always had to be WITH a man to protect me from OTHER men. That's not the case today but it felt like that when I was younger. It makes my day when I see other women out hiking alone. Truth is, most of the bad guys are just not going to go for a hike to make trouble for women. Or anyone. The further I get away from a trailhead, the more I relax. Karen
I agree, it is always sort of soothing to me to see a woman hiking alone. Sort of like there's hope for mankind (womankind) that we can all just walk and enjoy and have fun in life without being worried. Methinks I am being a bit idealistic, but what the heck...

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 08, 2003 8:39 pm 
That is one of the things I hear a lot when I tell people I hike alone (the "don't you need a man to protect you" comment) And truth be told I am only skitterish when I am close to the TH also, the farther out I realize I am equal to any man on the trail-yep I could fall off that cliff just as easy as they could biggrin.gif I love hiking alone smile.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.